Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2014 1:05:26 AM EDT
I just got a 17 and am enjoying it very much. However I have had a 21 for almost two years now and have several holsters for it. While I was bored I put my 17 in my 21's hybrid, DSG Alpha and IWB Bladetech and it fit, though just a bit slack, but retention was enough to feel satisfied.

I've been recently considering picking up a duty type holster for when I have my chest rig, or when I am hunting with heavy lairs of clothes. Not a drop leg but with the 2'' or so drop. But I didn't know which to get first since my 21 is gen 2 and my 17 is gen 3 that I sometimes use a TLR1 on. I started thinking of maybe getting a non weapon mounted light holster for my 21 that I could share with my 17 until I got enough funds for one of it's own.

Does anyone have a both firearms and a duty type holster from Safariland or G Code that they can test for me? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:51:49 AM EDT
Many of the guys at work are carrying a Glock 22 with surefire X300 in holsters made for the Glock 21. I forget why but it no accident. They are buying the holster made for the 21 deliberately.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 10:49:56 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AR15fan:
Many of the guys at work are carrying a Glock 22 with surefire X300 in holsters made for the Glock 21. I forget why but it no accident. They are buying the holster made for the 21 deliberately.
View Quote

(
I wonder if I can make a weapon bearing light holster work for a non weapon light gun (21 is a gen 2)
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:13:22 PM EDT
I have a blackhawk with retention for my 20 my 2 17s and 34 all lock in i dont have duty with a light but just saying
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:30:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Spagehttie:

(
I wonder if I can make a weapon bearing light holster work for a non weapon light gun (21 is a gen 2)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Spagehttie:
Originally Posted By AR15fan:

(

I doubt it. Usually the light is the retention point on those holsters.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 9:41:01 PM EDT
How it sounds I can use a 21 holster for both (just without light) until I can get a dedicated 17 holster. Thanks for the input
Top Top