Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2002 12:04:27 PM EST
I'm looking to replace the barrel on my Glock 17. Who makes the best match barrel for the money?
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 9:39:47 AM EST
I keep hearing nothing but rave reviews about Bar-sto.
www.barsto.com/
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 6:20:05 AM EST
Thanks Sniperm88.

I visited the sight and noticed that they only offer semi-fitted and fitted barrels. Does any one have any experience with the semi-fitted barrels and did you need to do any gunsmithing to your pistol?
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 6:27:22 AM EST
I believe Olympic Arms makes "drop in" Glock barrels, with conventional rifling so you can use reloads. About $120 IIRC
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 6:30:09 AM EST
I've had good luck with KKM barrels. Just curious why you want to replace your 17 barrel? I used KKM barrels in my .40s so I could shoot lead. Never had any luck with lead in 9mm.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 11:48:31 AM EST
The reason why I'm looking to replace my barrel is b/c I bought the gun second hand and the previous owner put, as he put it "a LOT of rounds" through. The worn rifling in the barrel confirmed this. I didn't care much b/c he was giving me a very good deal and if it didn't shoot well, even if I had to replace the barrel, I would still come out ahead.

Well the first time out at the range, the pistol shot all over the paper. I thought it might be me, until a few members of the range staff (all accomplished shooters)shot the same. They all said the barrel is the most likely culprit.

Link Posted: 11/14/2002 3:49:13 PM EST
Glock barrels do not have conventional rifling so they look worn. I honestly doubt you will ever shoot out a Glock barrel. I've seen Glocks with over 100,000 documented rounds through them that the barrel is fine. If you feel you have to replace something have a Glock Armorer look at it and replace all off the springs.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 6:51:03 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/6/2003 6:53:21 PM EST by Tate]
I'd bet nearly anything that the barrel is NOT shot out.

IF I was going to replace a barrel in a Glock that was being used as a weapon (for whatever reason), I would replace it with a Glock barrel.

10,000 rnds through a Glock barrel is "almost broken in"
Top Top