Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Page / 48
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 9:02:35 AM EST
My view on this is that it's worth having to dink around a little with springs, catches and followers. All of these parts are relatively inexpensive and the successful end result is a firearm with before unseen capabilities.

A single stack G19, that's easily concealable, with 16 rounds on tap is pretty damn awesome.

As I said above. After going to the +10% springs and steel mag catch mine have been very reliable.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 3:09:51 PM EST
Well, after contact Shield yesterday, they have my new springs in the mail today....that’s pretty impressive customer service.

I did shoot the 43X today about 200 reds with zero issues with the factory mags.....so hopefully the shield mags become 100% once I get the +10 spring in them.
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 4:02:05 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bradd_D:
I've never understood that line of thinking. It's no consolation to the people having issues.

I already have to fiddle with my 1911's. Having to do it with my Glocks negates the reason I bought Glocks in the first place.

If the mags were cheaper, it might be worth it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bradd_D:
Originally Posted By GimmeLibertee:

For every person that reports problems on the internet, how many completely satisfied people do you think exist that you don't hear a peep from? Think about it.
I've never understood that line of thinking. It's no consolation to the people having issues.

I already have to fiddle with my 1911's. Having to do it with my Glocks negates the reason I bought Glocks in the first place.

If the mags were cheaper, it might be worth it.

Cheaper would certainly be better. Or at least, G19 springs/followers straight from shield.

Best thing one can do is get a few mags, try ‘em out and see if they work with that particular gun.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 10:24:27 AM EST
What do ya'll reckon is the average wait time on mags? I ordered 3 from brownells at the beginning of August - still nothing. Ordered another set from SA at the end of August, nothing.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 1:27:59 PM EST
Originally Posted By dillydilly:
What do ya'll reckon is the average wait time on mags? I ordered 3 from brownells at the beginning of August - still nothing. Ordered another set from SA at the end of August, nothing.
View Quote

eff
Back ordered 9-26
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 10:28:00 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/7/2020 10:33:33 AM EST by Corey]

My mags all work fine with the SA springs and followers. I only replaced the mag catch with a steel one.  I'm sure there are lots of others who have similar experiences to mine.
View Quote

Mine run fine too. I have a couple of 15 round S15’s and a couple with the +5 extension kit.

I did replace the mag catch with the aluminum and upgraded to the steel one once that became available.

I also loosened the grip slightly with painters tape on the side of the mag and a hair dryer.

Works great. No malfunctions at all but admittedly I do not have a ton of rounds through them (the ammo $ issue...).

I am using the stock springs that came with the S15 mags in the 15 round mags (unknown if +10% spring or not, any way to tell?). With the Shield +5 I am using the extra power spring that came with the mag extension.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 11:17:08 AM EST
Originally Posted By Corey:

I am using the stock springs that came with the S15 mags in the 15 round mags (unknown if +10% spring or not, any way to tell?). With the Shield +5 I am using the extra power spring that came with the mag extension.
View Quote

The standard ones have 9 coils, the +10 ones have 10 coils (counting horizontal wire profiles from top to bottom).
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 4:00:41 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/7/2020 4:17:32 PM EST by dcs12345]
Are y’all steel mag releases stiffer than the stock ones?

Normal power 9 coils.    +10% - 10 coils
I haven’t installed the +10 yet so it isn’t nearly as short  

Link Posted: 10/8/2020 1:56:14 PM EST
Originally Posted By KTM300XCW:
My view on this is that it's worth having to dink around a little with springs, catches and followers. All of these parts are relatively inexpensive and the successful end result is a firearm with before unseen capabilities.

A single stack G19, that's easily concealable, with 16 rounds on tap is pretty damn awesome.

As I said above. After going to the +10% springs and steel mag catch mine have been very reliable.
View Quote

It's a double stack like the P365 with the shield mags.

Even the standard 10 rounders are a stack and a half.  Not a true single stack.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 3:51:04 PM EST
Have two S15 mags and an alu mag catch but have never ran them, just pulled the trigger and ordered a "electroless nickel" steel mag release and will prob swap everything over soon
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 7:33:13 PM EST
Originally Posted By Storz:
Have two S15 mags and an alu mag catch but have never ran them, just pulled the trigger and ordered a "electroless nickel" steel mag release and will prob swap everything over soon
View Quote

Update with results I plan to continue to monitor the situation on theseI'm hearing mixed results bit 15 in that thing is something else.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 4:04:30 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/29/2020 4:08:29 PM EST by norbyam]
Did a quick design and 3D print of a minimalist magwell for the 43x. Shield mags still seat fine.

Just picked this up so will have to see if the mags run.
I think it’s awesome to get 15 instead of 10rds. Mags drop free better than the oem.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 11:20:23 AM EST
Will you share stl? And what magazine release are you running?
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 8:08:21 PM EST
Anyone received the S15 magazines from back order status recently ? Just curious the approximate wait time.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 9:59:59 PM EST
Originally Posted By 3030:
Anyone received the S15 magazines from back order status recently ? Just curious the approximate wait time.
View Quote

Seen on Shield Wall on FB someone who placed an order on 8/27 received their mags a week ago. Placed my order on 9/4 so hoping mine aren’t to far behind
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 10:22:21 PM EST
Originally Posted By WantsAnRRA:

Seen on Shield Wall on FB someone who placed an order on 8/27 received their mags a week ago. Placed my order on 9/4 so hoping mine aren’t to far behind
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WantsAnRRA:
Originally Posted By 3030:

Like 9-27 for me
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 4:20:49 PM EST
Just got a shipping confirmation this morning on my order back on 8/31. Looks like they are getting a batch of the S15.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 7:51:40 AM EST
@dillydilly  @bradpierson26 @wantsanRRA @spectraccord

Did you guys get yours yet?  I'm debating on ordering more until I know what the backorder roughly is.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 8:30:25 AM EST
I've received three separate S15 backorder shipments now....the last of which was placed on 29 Oct.  I'd guess they are currently shipping orders placed in the 10 Nov range.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 9:43:30 AM EST
Ordered nov 6th and shipped out dec 1st. Mags and catches ordered.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 10:01:45 AM EST
Got a shipping notification yesterday for a nov 18 order. I wish you could make BO's for the nickel mags as well
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 10:44:01 AM EST
I got shipping notice yesterday for an order from Nov17.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 10:47:08 AM EST
Ordered Nov 10, got them Dec 4, went and shot them all yesterday.  All reliably slide locked, and I was able to use the slide release on a loaded mag.  That was an issue I had on an earlier model mag.  Overall very happy and now have a 15 in my sidecar instead of just 10.

Also of note I got the aim surplus aluminum mag catch.  I've had it in for about 2 months and it shows no sign of wear.  It doesn't seem to be damaging th poly mags either.  This 2 months includes a class of 700rounds so its likely had hundreds of reloads at this point, including dozens of SA reloads.  I trust it totally now.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 12:54:25 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/8/2020 12:59:44 PM EST by Tony-Ri]
Still pending on orders from 11/23 and 11/27.

UPDATE! I literally just NOW got a shipping notification from FedEx for the 11/23 order of 2 mag catches and 4 mags... The website hasn't even updated yet!
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 1:59:10 PM EST
Originally Posted By bdover:
@dillydilly  @bradpierson26 @wantsanRRA @spectraccord

Did you guys get yours yet?  I'm debating on ordering more until I know what the backorder roughly is.
View Quote

@bdover
From brownells? Ya still love waiting...
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 2:04:02 PM EST

@bdover
From brownells? Ya still love waiting...
View Quote

@dillydilly  I guess I'll want to avoid ordering from our Overlords for these then.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 2:54:58 PM EST
Originally Posted By bdover:

@dillydilly  I guess I'll want to avoid ordering from our Overlords for these then.
View Quote

Ya I’m probably gonna cancel the order. I placed my 2nd order for these directly through shield arms about a 2 weeks after brownells and I’ve had them for over a month now.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 4:15:33 PM EST
Ordered 11/26 shipped today. Ymmv
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 4:44:14 PM EST
Originally Posted By kaufdrop:
View Quote

From brownells?
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 4:50:52 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/8/2020 4:51:00 PM EST by kaufdrop]

From brownells?
View All Quotes

From brownells?
Shield. Sorry
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 5:17:26 PM EST
Shield. Sorry
View Quote

Ya I had no problem getting mine from them. It’s brownells we talking about here.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 11:31:41 AM EST
View Quote

11/27 Order just shipped today too...
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 11:10:01 PM EST
Just ordered 3 more, and a steel mag catch tonight...  directly from Shield.  

Seems the shipping leads are getting shorter and shorter.  Maybe this batch won't take as long as the first 3 did, which was almost 2 months.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 6:59:33 PM EST
Anyone have issues with the mag catches? One of the 2 I received won’t let OEM mags drop free.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 10:42:31 PM EST
I ordered today so we will see how long it takes to get shipped.  I am not in any rush as I only ordered 1 for now and the mag release.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 11:10:22 PM EST
Baseplate broke off.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/14/2020 1:19:03 AM EST

Drop onto concrete or happen at random?
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 8:17:08 AM EST
Originally Posted By Tony-Ri:

Drop onto concrete or happen at random?
View Quote
According to what I read, it happened when the shooter pulled the mag out of the pouch.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 6:33:22 PM EST

My mags all work fine with the SA springs and followers. I only replaced the mag catch with a steel one.  I'm sure there are lots of others who have similar experiences to mine.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jkitchen:

Thanks

So basically I need
SA15 mag
Steel mag release
G19 spring
G19 follower (gen5)

Seems like it would be well worth the hassle for 15 in a slim 43x so once I come across these I'm going to do it.

Edit- I'm thinking after a few hundred failure free rounds out each mag I'd be ready to run these full time. So this conversion will approximately run me a grand

Same. I have an original silver slide 43x and had occasional issues with the slide not locking back after the last round, but I have giant hands and had to adjust my grip even on my g45 to stop it happening.

That said, I bought the +10 springs and the gun runs like a scalded dog and locks back every time.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 9:35:29 PM EST
Originally Posted By Tony-Ri:
Anyone have issues with the mag catches? One of the 2 I received won’t let OEM mags drop free.
View Quote

Is your gun an early model 43X/48?  The earlier ones had slightly tighter magwells.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 1:29:14 PM EST
Originally Posted By rgaper:

Is your gun an early model 43X/48?  The earlier ones had slightly tighter magwells.
View Quote

I have both a two tone and a all black; the all black runs it a tiny bit better, but the stainless mag catch still sticks with loaded or empty OEM mags, and a fully loaded ETS mag got fully stuck with it. The Shield Arms black steel mag catch has a machined finish and works fine; they're definitely differently fitting parts. Shield said they only intend to use the stainless mag catch with their mags and don't recommend it with plastic mags, so... [shrug] I can see it is going to eat the OEM mags up; just the handful of insertions has a notable indentation on the OEM mags, and looks like it may have chipped the ETS; I honestly might go with an aluminum catch so I can use either... we'll see...
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 12:46:41 AM EST
Ordered my mags on Dec 17th. Wonder how long they’ll be back ordered for.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 1:28:45 PM EST
Ordered: Dec 6
Shipping Notification: Today (Dec 21)
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 2:51:09 PM EST
Ordered Dec 4, got shipping notification with tracking today.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 4:45:26 PM EST
December 9th for me!

"Estimated delivery date:Wednesday 12/23/2020 by 4:30 pm
Shipping label has been created. The status will be updated when shipment begins to travel."

Woot woot!
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:22:29 PM EST
My most recent order (from the 11th) is still processing, but I'm glad to hear that they're getting caught up.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 9:16:10 AM EST
Annnnnd right on cue.

Delay beyond our control
No scheduled delivery date available at this time.

Thanks FedEx!
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 12:29:33 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/22/2020 12:31:54 PM EST by PFran42]
On Dec. 12, I ordered the Combo Kit with 3 magazines, a +5 extension and 3 10-coil springs and I just received a shipping notice a few minutes ago.

Just need a TLR-7SUB and a AIWB holster and I'm good to go.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 12:41:51 PM EST
Ordered 12/12 and just got email that mine will be here on Christmas Eve, made sure I selected FEDEX over USPS for delivery hopefully that is better at getting it here.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 3:11:52 PM EST
On FedEx vehicle for delivery

Could be a Christmas miracle!
Page / 48
Top Top