Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2005 12:14:39 PM EDT
What do you guys think of these?  Looking for one on my 21,  AmeriGlo tritium.  Are the standards better?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:20:08 AM EDT
[#1]
If you want fast target acquistion, i would look at the XS Big Dot night sights too. IMO, they are the best sights out there for that. I like the Ghost Rings, but i find it hard to acquire the target accuretly, unless it is on a shotgun. I'm not sure if you shop eBay, but someone has a set starting at $50 on there ( http://cgi.ebay.com/XS-Sight-Systems-Glock-New_W0QQitemZ7178277756QQcategoryZ36258QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem ). Another reason i like XS is for their warranty. I was having problems with my front sight, and they replaced it for free! Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:02:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Y
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:46:26 PM EDT
[#3]
ghost ring sights on a pistol are a gimmick.  Stick with regular night sights.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:50:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Useless, IMHO. The aperture would obscure WAY too much of the target for them to be of any use, other than maybe shoting at paper targets. On a defensive gun, they'd get you killed.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:45:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I wouldn't neccecarily say they'd get you killed.  They were installed on a simunition glock at a FOF class i was at.  People didn't shoot any worse with them.  They were just annoying.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:52:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Jeez!

I wandered into the wrong thread!

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:42:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, as if on cue...

My neighbor who runs the gun store I live behind was outside a little while ago trying out a gun they had gotten in trade-a Glock 22 w/ ghost ring rear sight!

After trying them out for a bit, they're not really all that bad, but they do take some serious getting used to. I still think the normal type of sights are much better for a defensive gun, though these probably aren't too bad for plinking/target shooting.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:39:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I am active LE, and I run a set of Ameriglo ghost rings on my G22. (duty weapon)

They are super fast on target..

The front sight is larger than the rear, which will help aid in faster target aquisiton during low light shooting.

As far as speed, I don't think you could get any better.(I have never tried the XS sights, but I liked them on a buddy Sig.)

My only complaint is they are not as easy to target shoot with( head shots at 35 yards are not a problem)(groups are larger than with standard sights)...BUT I'm not target shooting anyway....If you get a set, don't let this discourage you about the choice in sights.

I realy like mine..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top