Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2005 7:01:51 PM EDT
I should be able to afford my first handgun soon, a CZ-52. I've got two potential online sources lined up, one being about $20 more expensive than the other but also having ammo for sale, whereas the one with the cheaper pistol does not have ammo.

Several questions:

1) Where can I get an (inexpensive) non-frangible firing pin for my CZ-52?

2) Besides the rare decocker malfunction, what else should I know about CZ-52's in general? Heavy/light trigger pull, weird quirks, anything?

3) Where do I get more magazines? I doubt any exist, but are there magazines larger than eight rounds available? Also, do the magazines come out freely or do you have to pull them out after pressing the magazine release on the heel?

4) Can someone hook me up with good defensive ammo, as in non-FMJ?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:06:57 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I should be able to afford my first handgun soon, a CZ-52. I've got two potential online sources lined up, one being about $20 more expensive than the other but also having ammo for sale, whereas the one with the cheaper pistol does not have ammo.

Several questions:

1) Where can I get an (inexpensive) non-frangible firing pin for my CZ-52?

2) Besides the rare decocker malfunction, what else should I know about CZ-52's in general? Heavy/light trigger pull, weird quirks, anything?

3) Where do I get more magazines? I doubt any exist, but are there magazines larger than eight rounds available? Also, do the magazines come out freely or do you have to pull them out after pressing the magazine release on the heel?

4) Can someone hook me up with good defensive ammo, as in non-FMJ?

Firing Pin - Get it from Makarov.com. You should be able to dry fire it with this firing pin. It will also make the trigger pull lighter as I hear. I haven't replaced my original one because I don't dry fire and my trigger just happend to be a light 4lbs or so. My second one has a trigger of about 6-7lbs.

The decocker is unsafe on some. Mine has a safe one. I forgot what test you can do to determine if you have a safe one. I don't use de-cockers so it hasn't bothered me to use it.

You can get magazines from Makarov.com. I don't believe there are any larger ones. I like the 8rd single stack mags. They load really  quick and easy. Magazines do not drop freely. Just like all other com block magazines. They are designed to pull out with your hand. They don't drop free so you don't loose them in the field. That's their thinking for mag releases.

You can get defensive ammo from makarov.com.  It's 85gr JHP made by FNM. They sell them for $12.50/box of 50. It's the most accurate commercial ammo I have shot in my CZ-52. I haven't shot much of it but I got 5 of 5 rounds on a 1x4 piece of wood at 75 yards. You can also check out reedsammo.com for handloads with various Hornady XTPs.

I would reccomend the Hogue slip on grip for the CZ-52. It makes a world of difference for accuracy and speed and it's only like $12 or so. Makarov.com carries it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top