Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2005 9:35:36 AM EDT
I got 200 10mm lead round nose flat points for my Glock 20, (KKM barrel). They were 8.50 / 50 plus shipping, and are 180 grains, loaded to 950 fps. I had a blast on some steel targets last Friday. I was very pleased with the accuracy, and they didn't seem to lead up the barrel as far as I could tell when I cleaned up. Delivery was prompt. Until I can reload, I will use them again. (I also bought a partial box from the range- full box would have been 12.00).
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 9:42:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Take it this (KKM) barrel is a traditional land and groove type barrel ALLOWING the use of lead rounds in your Glock......

Note to inexperienced Glock users:

DO NOT USE LEAD ROUNDS IN YOUR STOCK GLOCK PISTOL, unless as above you have replaced the factory barrel with one which allows the use of lead.

Mike
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 11:50:56 AM EDT
[#2]
You are correct, Sir. (That's my best Ed McMahon imitation.) I called KKM BEFORE I bought it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:00:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Just a follow-up on the Georgia-Arms 10mm refered to above. On 6 Jan. I was on my way to Birmingham to drop off a computer, so I stopped by the range. I had some of the Georgia-Arms 10mm ammo, so I tried something I have intended to do since I got my G 20. I  had an NRA silouette target- B 34, I think- 14x23 and the figure is about the size of  Tattoo ("de plane, de plane!). I set it up on the 100 yard target and braced my wrist on a sandbag. I fired 6 rounds, holding the front sight at the top of the target. Two rounds hit the bottom of the target sheet, under the silouette. Three rounds hit 6"-8" under the bottom edge of the target, two under the bottom left of the silouette and one under the bottom right. The remaining round was 8" to the right of the target sheet, about at the vertical midpoint. Not bad, I thought- wonder what a hotter load would do?

Two days later I went to pick up the PC, so I again stopped off at the range and fired 10 rounds of the Doubletap 180 grain FMJ at 1250 fps. (I had cleaned the barrel Thursday night). The first round hit midway up the silouette, abut 4" to the left. "I'm really going to wax it," I thought. I had backed the target with a 42" diameter cardboard circle. Three of the remaining 9 rounds hit the cardboard- all to the right of the target sheet. One round hit the dirt to the left front of the target. I have no idea where the rest hit.

I am really surprised at the results of this "experiment." Any thoughts? The Doubletap has been very accurate in the 7 to 12 yard sessions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top