Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2011 6:02:55 PM EDT
Hi guys
I bought a used Glock 19 Gen 2 .It had some issues that my friend had to fix for me. But the thing i have yet to figure out is a firing pin issue.

After installing a new firing pin block, the gun wouldn't release properly when the trigger was pulled and I was getting light strikes.  eventually, we tried my friend's firing pin from his Glock 19 and the gun functioned properly again. Then after inspecting , we noticed that my firing pin looks significantly different than my friend's which is also from a Gen 2.

Any chance that there were more than 1 type of firing pin in the Glock 19's  or are there cheapie after market pins out there ?  i'll try to take some pics tomorrow. Thanks

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 12:03:37 AM EDT
[#1]
You may have an older preupgrade Gen2. This help any?
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 12:41:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I was thinking the same thing.

If you send it back to Glock, they will update everything in it for you for free.
It might have a facroty recall.
Takes about 4-6 weeks but the peace of mind is worth it.
Send them your mags too, they will give you new ones.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 2:08:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks a lot guys! I really mean that .That pretty much answers my questions. Here's my kooky parts against a newer G19  gen 2 .By the way, the serial number on mine starts with HR5**  Do you guys know if I have to be the original owner ?

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5303/5673793440_4d7698b2c7.jpg
000_1223 by paulsecondino, on Flickr
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5270/5673793546_978ee1cd4b.jpg
000_1227 by paulsecondino, on Flickr

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5226/5673793290_39c611e81d.jpg
000_1220 by paulsecondino, on Flickr
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:31:47 PM EDT
[#4]
FWIW,

I upgraded my gen2 G19 to all new parts and it works flawlessly.
If I read the post correctly you might want to upgrade parts in groups.
For example, if you upgrade the firing pin it would be good to upgrade the spring, cups, sleeve and firing pin all in one group.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:13:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Thanks a lot guys! I really mean that .That pretty much answers my questions. Here's my kooky parts against a newer G19 gen 2 .By the way, the serial number on mine starts with HR5**Do you guys know if I have to be the original owner ?

Nope, just be the current owner and pay to ship it to them. They will update and replace anything that needs it and then ship it back to you on their dime. As mentioned before by another poster, I would also ship back the mags and they will take care of them also!!!

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:59:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I appreciate the info. As far as mags, the original mag was screwed around with and I ended up tossing it. The previous owner seemingly hammered the rails for some reason. They looked like they were smashed down . So the mags I have are all new production. At the time , I couldn't imagine anyone wanting to buy the old mag in the shape it was in  but I probably should have kept it anyway
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top