Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/14/2006 3:03:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/14/2006 3:10:42 PM EDT by deuce9166]
Just got back from GLOCK Armorers Course. It was pretty informative, and I came away with a new respect for the simplicity of the weapon. If anyone has an opportunity to take the class, take it. The instructor also said that GLOCK has submitted a full size SINGLE STACK .45 acp for the Military's new pistol.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:16:13 PM EDT
It's cool you got to take it, I gotta figure out a way to get into a class.

Do you work for a gun shop or are you an LEO?

As for a single stack .45 ACP I'm not going to believe it until one shows up in the display case at my local shop
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:20:29 PM EDT
Been hearing that rumor for a few weeks and would love a full size single stack .45 (a longslide would be ever better).

I've taken the course twice and am due again for a recert. The class has good info and I'd much rather take the class than learn from a dvd, online info, etc. The behind the scenes info is always good too.

scottMO
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:23:56 PM EDT
I took the class years ago. I'd love to get into another.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:49:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By M4arc:

As for a single stack .45 ACP I'm not going to believe it until one shows up in the display case at my local shop

I am LEO, I quized him as much as I could about the single stack 45. The other guy with him was vague, but the course instructor was a cool guy. The hinted that the contract was pretty close to a done deal. he stated that they had to go with a single stack because of the specs on a grip fitting smaller statured soliders, and added that the rear of the frame would also be changed to a straighter backstrap (1911). When I asked him about general production he said that contracts were still pending but added that it would be the largest contract GLOCK has ever made. One student asking about the grip inquired about a modular system. The instructor told him that it was not in the specs and the gun was geared toward combat (like all of their guns) and not competiton. He also hinted that the frames for the guns would be produced at the Smyrna Ga. plant with made in the U.S.A. on them. If its all true or not I don't know but the guy seemed like a straight shooter and sure knew his stuff about GLOCK.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:50:33 PM EDT

I'd love to get into a GLOCK armorer's coarse.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:56:22 AM EDT
Thanks for the reminder, my Glock Armorer's certification expires this year, so I need to find a renewal class...
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:00:33 AM EDT
This kind of training SHOULD BE BANNED FROM CIVILIAN USE!

A single stack .45?

Only the mil would require capacity limitation!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:08:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By deuce9166:

I am LEO, I quized him as much as I could about the single stack 45. The other guy with him was vague, but the course instructor was a cool guy. The hinted that the contract was pretty close to a done deal. he stated that they had to go with a single stack because of the specs on a grip fitting smaller statured soliders, and added that the rear of the frame would also be changed to a straighter backstrap (1911). When I asked him about general production he said that contracts were still pending but added that it would be the largest contract GLOCK has ever made. One student asking about the grip inquired about a modular system. The instructor told him that it was not in the specs and the gun was geared toward combat (like all of their guns) and not competiton. He also hinted that the frames for the guns would be produced at the Smyrna Ga. plant with made in the U.S.A. on them. If its all true or not I don't know but the guy seemed like a straight shooter and sure knew his stuff about GLOCK.

I hope to hell they're coming out with one but like I said before, I'll believe it when one shows up in my local gun store display case
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:13:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/15/2006 5:22:40 AM EDT by lefinstructor]
Don't mean to hijack the thread but for those who are interested, you can find out about the location and dates of Glock armorer courses here:

http://www.glocktraining.com/trainingschedule.htm

Thanks, M4arc, I originally posted the wrong one. Shows how much I know about computers.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:18:39 AM EDT

Originally Posted By lefinstructor:
Don't mean to hijack the thread but for those who are interested, you can find out about the location and dates of Glock armorer courses here:

C:\Documents and Settings\Docuser\Local Settings\Temp\trainingschedule1.html

Dude, that link is to a file on your local machine...
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:16:31 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:17:37 PM EDT
i had the glock armorer school and it was great. I paid my own way since my agency would not. it was the best $100.00 i ever spent. I attended it a osceola county S.O. Phil was the instructor he did a great job, but did move along with material rather fast.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:35:21 AM EDT
How long is the armorers course? And what were the topics covered? Sounds interesting but I don't think I would ever get the chance to go. Don't work for a gun shop and I'm not an LEO (military though).

For those of us not lucky enough to go is there a good book/DVD that covers much the same info?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:00:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/17/2006 5:01:04 AM EDT by lefinstructor]
It's a one day course providing maintenance and technical information. I don't know about the DVDs but you can sometimes find a copy of the Glock Armorer's Manual at gun shows.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:32:15 PM EDT
From what I gather only Dealers and LEO/ MIL can attend correct?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:23:39 AM EDT

Originally Posted By lefinstructor:
It's a one day course providing maintenance and technical information. I don't know about the DVDs but you can sometimes find a copy of the Glock Armorer's Manual at gun shows.

You can also download the .pdf of it. Check google...
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:34:40 PM EDT
In response to the .45 contract, I went to pick up a G19 from my dealer and they mentioned that after their stock ran out, they wouldn't be gettin any more glocks for a couple months. Apparently the distributors are running out. He said the word is they have to fulfill some large contract obligation? Didn't have any more info. Any ideas what this contract might be? BTW this is a large gun/sporting goods dealer.

PS Not trying to start any rumors, just lookin to see if anyone has had the same experience
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:59:53 AM EDT
no out of stock Glocks for the Markster!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:01:40 AM EDT
Did I ever tell you, I hate you.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:54:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/21/2006 8:55:09 AM EDT by mark5pt56]

Originally Posted By Colt_SBR:
Did I ever tell you, I hate you.

As of today, they are up to the H's ho ho ho!

Wait until M4arc hear's this

img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/Colt_SBR/57985sm.gif

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:31:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/21/2006 10:45:04 AM EDT by M4arc]
What are you talking about?

Oh, did you pick up your G19 today? How is it, nice huh?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:21:23 AM EDT
I am still waiting on my purchase permit, but the 19 is on hold. I have a 17 and 23 so am just adding to the collection. I fired my buddies 19 and I think its going to be my favorite one so far.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:28:03 PM EDT

I just need to find a gen 1 19 now!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:36:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mark5pt56:

I just need to find a gen 1 19 now!

You and me both!
Top Top