Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Kahr
Posted: 12/27/2003 10:07:04 PM EDT
Took my new KHAR ARMS GI .45  to the range today and put 250 rds through it. Two stove pipe jams in the first 75 rds, but then after that with the next 175 rds there were no problems whatsoever. Maybe it was just a break in process ,but it seems like a similar experience that AMERICNA RIFLEMAN had with their sample pistol they tested about two years ago.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:01:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't know about the GI .45, but my owners manual for my P40 said to run AT LEAST 200 rounds down the pipe before considering it for carry.

I've never had any problem with any of my new handguns (lucky I guess) but i don't think I'd be upset if this happened in the first several hundred rounds.

Came back to add... You did disassemble and clean it before heading out with it didn't you?
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 7:27:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Came back to add... You did disassemble and clean it before heading out with it didn't you?
+++++++++++++++

No....but it is now.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 8:03:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Don't know about the GI .45, but my owners manual for my P40 said to run AT LEAST 200 rounds down the pipe before considering it for carry.

Should be SOP for any pistol you intend on using for serious purposes.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top