Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2015 1:59:15 AM EDT
how are you guys installing your night sights, etc., on G42/43?  the Glock and Glockmeister sight tools both state that they are not for use with either the G42 or G43...
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:24:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I use a large clamp and clamp my pistol slide down onto the counter in my kitchen. I use a small hardback book between the gun and counter top so I don't damage anything. I then use a punch to tap out the old sight and then carefully tap the new one back in also using a punch. Sometimes I have to remove the slide and flip it and punch again to get the sight centered properly. It's worked for many sight changes.

I'm not paying my local gun shop idiots $50 for that

ETA- I clamp the slide so that the rear of the slide(rear sight) area hangs off the edge of the counter btw. That allows you to have room to tap out the old and tap in the new.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:22:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I used this.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/326194/maryland-gun-works-rear-sight-tool-glock-42-43-adapter-kit?cm_vc=ProductFinding
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:24:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:07:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Clamp slide in a vise with two leather strips for protection.  Use nice rubber tipped lunch that came with my dawson sights.  Dawson also has a video on their website on sight installation.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:41:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dawson also has a video on their website on sight installation.
View Quote

You can also see it on YouTube.

When I opened my shop I got all worked up because I couldn't afford to purchase all the various sight pusher tools to do all of the popular models of handguns. Then I saw the Dawson video and the minimal tools he used. I figured if it was good enough for him it was definitely good enough for me.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:55:52 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Clamp slide in a vise with two leather strips for protection.  Use nice rubber tipped lunch that came with my dawson sights.  Dawson also has a video on their website on sight installation.
View Quote

This except I use a Delrin punch.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:01:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Vise, vise rubber pads, small hammer and brass punch.  

I just installed a set of Ameriglo protectors yesterday.  That rear sight was hard to seat and I ended up with brass smears on the right side.  A few wipes with a piece lead removal cloth took care of that.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:07:46 PM EDT
[#8]
1/4 brass rod with rounded end. If I was doing 20 pairs of sights a day? Same thing.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:02:08 PM EDT
[#10]
put the slide in a vice and used a polymer dowel to hammer it out.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:30:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I put them on my 42 laying it on the table and using a hammer, punch, and delicate hand.
View Quote

Same thing on my 43.  I have a MGW pusher for the bigger guns, but it won't work for the 42/43.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:07:49 AM EDT
[#12]
I use a MGW sight pusher for a S&W M&P shield, but only using the plastic clamp and not the rail grabber portion
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:03:00 AM EDT
[#13]
I had the shop do it, there's an extra piece for the pusher
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:09:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Same thing on my 43.  I have a MGW pusher for the bigger guns, but it won't work for the 42/43.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I put them on my 42 laying it on the table and using a hammer, punch, and delicate hand.

They have adapters.

And I have one lol.

MGW all the way.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:56:02 AM EDT
[#15]
I use a sight pusher WITHOUT an adapter. It's not that hard to finagle it to get it to work.  It's not perfect, but it can be made to work (and saves me $30).  I've only used it to push the old ones out and the new Trij HD's in.  I doubt I'll switch sights again since these work fine (even if I do wish they were two-dots).
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:57:59 AM EDT
[#16]
I just went ahead and bought the Glock 42/43 adapter for my sight pusher.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top