Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 12/24/2005 9:12:09 AM EST
Hey all. Not new to AR15.com, but new to Glocks.

Can I convert a .40 SW G35 to a 9mm G19 or G17 just by switching the slide/barrel assembly? Or should I just sell the 35 and get a new gun? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:14:49 AM EST
no the ejector pin on a 35 is straight, on a 19 or 17 its bent.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:25:52 AM EST
Can I convert it to one of the smaller .40 models??
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:33:07 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/24/2005 9:33:34 AM EST by Chinook]
You can convert it to a modell 22 by changing out the barrel/slide assy. You can also chnge it to a model 17 by changing the barrel/slide ass and the part mentioned by CCK. That is one of the beauties of owning a Glock.

p.s.-If you are going to sell your M35 Slide/barrel assy, let me know.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:51:09 AM EST

Originally Posted By JPratt06:
Can I convert a .40 SW G35 to a 9mm G19...

No, the locking blocks are different.

Can I convert a .40 SW G35 to a 9mm G17 just by switching the slide/barrel assembly?

Yes, and you will need mags also. The ejector is a non issue when switching from 40 to 9mm. If you were switching from 9mm(G17, 3pin receiver) to 40(G35) then you will need to change ejectors.

You can also purchase a 9mm conversion barrel for the G35 basically making it a G34.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:09:11 PM EST

Not planning on converting my G35 anytime soon, but thanx for the offer. My plan is to eventually have a G17 and AAC suppressor (for use on both the Glock and my .380 PPK). It'll be a little while before my budget allows that though.
Top Top