Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/20/2004 2:31:30 PM EST
Ok here's the deal.. The g35 will be my new race gun. I put a mag well from glockmeister on it but now the factory mags will not sit far enough in the well to lock. Anyone got any ideas? I was thinking of taking a bit off the top of the base pad. I would rather see if anyone produces a magazine longer than standard factory without going the 30 + route. Thanks

J
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:57:52 AM EST
i had similar problems w/my g34 without the well. only seemed to happen with my nfml hicaps of course. 1 of the reasons i sold it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:48:34 PM EST
Brownell's sells several extended base pads for Glocks...that's what you need...something that extends just far enough beyond the funnel so it can be seated easily.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:47:03 PM EST

Originally Posted By ikor:
Brownell's sells several extended base pads for Glocks...that's what you need...something that extends just far enough beyond the funnel so it can be seated easily.

ikor, I think he's saying that the base pad is hitting the magwell causing it not to latch properly. I would assume that if he had the extended base pads, it might be easy enough to exert enough pressure to the mag base to get the mag to seat. But he shouldn't have to force the mag in.

A4MH- I would recommend judicious filing on the top of the base plate where it contacts the magwell. But from your pictures- I would also take ikor's suggestion and get some extended (+ capacity if you want) floor plates- or just put some bumper pads on the factory base plates. It appears that if you seated the mag with your palm flat, the magwell will contact your hand and keep the mag from reliably locking in. (That's just my observation- the mag might be easily seated for all I know)

Sly
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:05:05 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/21/2004 3:06:13 PM EST by ikor]

Originally Posted By I-M-A-WMD:
Originally Posted By ikor:

ikor, I think he's saying that the base pad is hitting the magwell causing it not to latch properly. I would assume that if he had the extended base pads, it might be easy enough to exert enough pressure to the mag base to get the mag to seat. But he shouldn't have to force the mag in.

A4MH- I would recommend judicious filing on the top of the base plate where it contacts the magwell. But from your pictures- I would also take ikor's suggestion and get some extended (+ capacity if you want) floor plates- or just put some bumper pads on the factory base plates. It appears that if you seated the mag with your palm flat, the magwell will contact your hand and keep the mag from reliably locking in. (That's just my observation- the mag might be easily seated for all I know)
SLY quote

A Ha! If that is the case, he should do exactly what you reccommend and file on the base plate and/or the new mag well until the mag fits correctly. Aim4MyHead...I-M-A-WMD reccommends that procedure because it is cheaper than filing on the mag well. Always work on the cheapest psrt possible!
Top Top