Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2010 8:51:37 PM EDT
I'm looking to get a competition trigger for my 34,  what do you guys like?  All in one drop in trigger or a combinaiton of different parts?
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 9:27:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Ya know..............it's pretty much already got a "competition trigger" in it.....................the "-" Connector it comes with stock, from the factory, will give you around a 4.5lb trigger pull.  If you truly wanna go lighter, a 6lb aftermarket Trigger Spring will bring the pull down to around 3.5lb.

A "25 cent trigger job" (polishing all bearing surfaces in the fire control parts) or dryfiring it a few hundred times, in addition to this, will yield you a very light trigger pull.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 2:58:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Polish the trigger parts (referred to as the .25 cent job, google it) lighter striker spring, ti striker, lighter trigger spring, and ultimate trigger stop.  Mine runs like a top, except for the ported barrel I have.  Going to replace it with a threaded barrel soon anyway.

This will never be used except on a range, and I have all the parts to return it to original.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 4:43:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine has the following:
$.25 Trigger Job
Lightened striker spring
Heavy trigger return spring
"-" trigger connector

My trigger pull is around 2.5 to 3 lbs, but it takes some getting used to.  It has really helped tighten up my groups, but as stated, this gun ONLY gets loaded on the range, and is definately not for SD/HD, the trigger finger doesn't go into the trigger guard until it is on target.

I believe that if you swap out the trigger assembly with an aftermarket trigger, in GSSF competitions, you have to compete in the "Open" class vs. the "Limited" class, so I kept the stock trigger, and just swapped out springs, which I believe is legal to stay in the "Limited".
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 8:39:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Ghost Rocket connector and factory springs.  The factory 3.5 connector doesn't address the overtravel.  The Rocket is a little less mushy than the factory 3.5 connector and has a really nice, crisp reset.  Also did the .25 trigger job.  Couldn't really tell any difference afterward.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top