Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/24/2006 11:57:25 AM EDT
I was shooting my G33 last week and had a FTF, I was using Speer Lawman Frangible ammo (I belive 100 or 110 gr.) the round lodged right into the feed ramp I pulled back the slide and it fed no problem. I was just suprised because I have been shooting my G23 for a couple of years without a single incident. My 33 is brand new (less that 100 rounds through it), could this have been the ammo, a stiff extractor or just a freak incident? Any thoughts would be welcome.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:30:59 PM EDT
Bought my G33 five months ago and absolutely love it. It's now my daily carry gun. I've not had any failures with mine thus far. As for your FTF, freak incident? Could be. Put some more rounds down range and see what happens. If it continues, see if its confined to FTF with just one of your mags or both. Had a G19 that would jam rounds between the bottom of the feed ramp and the slide and it only did so with one partcular mag which happened to be brand new. It worked flawless with all my other mags. Just a thought.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:01:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/26/2006 9:01:19 PM EDT by kc8ard]
I also carry a G33 almost daily. University policy prohibits me from carrying on campus.....
I've fired probably about 1.5k through it. I only had problems one time. I bought a box of S&B ammo to practice with. Amazingly almost half of the rounds(about 20) failed to fire out of the gun on the first strike. I've never encountered primers that were that hard before. On average, it took about 2-3 strikes before the rounds would go off. Strange....
Top Top