Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2014 7:19:36 PM EDT
Just got a 9 round mag for my G30S to make it a bit more compact.  The 9th round was extremely tight, but even after I managed to get it in, the mag wouldnt load in the pistol and latch.
Anyone else notice this?

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 7:48:35 PM EDT
[#1]
What I have found is that sometimes you can get that 9th round in and it will seem like it is all the way in, but it really is not. If you try to get the mag in while it is like that, it will not latch.

Remove the 9th round and try again- it can be a real PITA, but you'll get it to work.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 8:34:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Buy an uplula and it will permanently solve your issue.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 10:11:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This.......
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 11:46:44 PM EDT
[#4]
put the 9 rds in it and let it sit for about a week. Then take them out and put them back in. It should be much easier. I had to do that with my 10rd mags too. Worked like a charm.

Its just too much spring pressure. Spring needs to seat a little first.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 12:07:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes this, or put some ass behind pushing #9 in.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 2:35:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

put the 9 rds in it and let it sit for about a week. Then take them out and put them back in. It should be much easier. I had to do that with my 10rd mags too. Worked like a charm.

Its just too much spring pressure. Spring needs to seat a little first.
View Quote
I had to do the same

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 10:34:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top