Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2008 7:54:48 PM EDT
Hey I picked up a Fobus holster for my 27 the other day.....I've never owned one b4 and had a question.  Is it normal for it to be SUPER tight?  Like so tight you almost can't get the weapon free of the holster without pulling it out of your pants?  (the holster for you dirty minded people lol)  Thanks in advance for any help/advice, appreciate it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 7:59:50 PM EDT
[#1]
yes, for most models of fobuses, its very normal for the tension to be very tight

FWIW: i hope its just a range/casual holster...what model is it?
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 8:05:05 PM EDT
[#2]
It's a G26 I think is what it says on the side of it and the package....fits the 26/27 and whatever the other one is.  And no it will not be used for anything of importance where I'll need a fast presentation.  I've thought of checking out a serpa for it, everyone seems to like those that I've talked with.  I'm sure it'll be much faster as well lol.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 6:31:55 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I've thought of checking out a serpa for it, everyone seems to like those that I've talked with.  I'm sure it'll be much faster as well lol.  

+1 I love my serpa for my G23.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 6:05:42 PM EDT
[#4]
So know of anyplace that has some good deals on a Serpa?  
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 6:10:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a fobus holster for a G27, hated it.  Get a leather paddle holster.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:50:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Before you give up on it try a shot of silicone spray. I have a couple paddle holsters and they work great. Make sure you have a belt on.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:19:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 4:24:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes, that's all I'm going to use it for I've decided, just put it on range duty only.  Just don't like it at all so far, I will try a shot of silicon spray as someone else recommended though to see if that makes a difference or not.  
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:24:58 PM EDT
[#9]
PAM works also.................E
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top