Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2005 7:42:57 PM EDT
I'm really wanting to get a 10mm.  Was very seriously considering a GLOCK,  but havent heard one way or the other on the G20.  Anyone have any comments on the 10mm GLOCK?  I know the companys guns in other calibers are stone reliable,  but it sounds like the 10mm has quite a bit more power,  has anyone seen/heard of any adverse effects on the weapon?  

THANX ALL

any and all posts will be VERY helpful.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:22:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Adverse effect:  People interrupt your shooting at the range to find out when Glock started making a .44 Magnum.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:24:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Big gun.  Built like a tank.  Lots of loads to choose from.  Packs a punch.  I love mine.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:30:18 PM EDT
[#3]
No issues with mine. The Glock 20 is one of a very few 10's that I've never heard anybody having any problems with...even with full-house reloads.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:32:37 PM EDT
[#4]
super reliable.
I can shoot hot doubletap loads out of my G20 all day and it's made for the original hot loads. You cand go wrong on this deal.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:34:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I've owned 3 10mm's, two GLOCK 20's and a 29.  Still got the newer 20 & 29.
Expensive to shoot, but you get lots of power with it.  Ted Nugent carries one when he's on Safari.  I hope you got big hands, I eventually plan on moving to GLOCK 40's cause I like the grip feel better, and they are cheaper to shoot.  No other reason than that.

As long as you got big hands and deep pockets for the ammo, I think you'll love it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:35:36 PM EDT
[#6]
The G20 is next on my purchase list.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:04:35 AM EDT
[#7]

As long as you got big hands and deep pockets for the ammo, I think you'll love it.

Big hands,  why do you say that?  Is the grip abnormally big or something?  Or do you say that because of the recoil?hatHI-POWERhock.gif ! ! !  Has anyone heard/seen anything like that??

How about leather for the G20?  I would want an open top OWB with the cant,  any suggestions?

THANX ALL
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:08:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Big hands,  why do you say that?  Is the grip abnormally big or something?  Or do you say that because of the recoil?

I read somewere about a company (Robar maybe?) that reduces the grip size on the bigger GLOCKS,  and when there done it is comparable to a ! ! ! HI-POWER ! ! !  Has anyone heard/seen anything like that??

How about leather for the G20?  I would want an open top OWB with the cant,  any suggestions?

THANX ALL

Don't worry about the grip size just go buy one. If you don't like it you can give it to me.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:46:02 PM EDT
[#9]
My favorite Glock, but I carry the 29 daily, due to it's size. 100% reliable. I highly recommend either one..............................................................or both
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:05:44 PM EDT
[#10]
The grip is rather big.  Still, its not unmanagible.  Ammo is important in terms of reliability.  I've had problems with reloads in the past.  Some would jam.  However, with DoubleTap ammo, I would gladly trust my life to my G20.  I highly recommend it.  Its a blast to shoot.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:39:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes, the grip is large. I had one with the robar cuttdown treatment. Pointed a lot better for me.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:55:50 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Yes, the grip is large. I had one with the robar cuttdown treatment. Pointed a lot better for me.

What does the Robar treatment cost??  Does it lessen the strength of the frame??  How long did it take to complete??  Was it worth the wait and money??

THANX
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:48:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Great pistol, Love mine. You can't go wrong getting a G20

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b194/SGT4527/G20.jpg
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:01:42 AM EDT
[#14]
How many variations can you get out of a g20

Can you can get following barrels for it? And then what about mags?

.357 sig
.9mm

Is this true? If so I think that is a pretty cool factor and a complelling reason to consider this glock.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:11:00 AM EDT
[#15]
the only multi caliber Glock I'm using is my G35 in 40 and 357sig. The rest are shooting their designed calibers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top