Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2010 8:53:58 AM EDT
Bought it LNIB yesterday from local GS. Gen 3 w/ 3 mags - all have 6. on the followers. Using WWB 115 gr. ammo it fails to lock back when firing 90% of the time. Hand cycling - no problem. No, I wasn't limp wristing. Any ideas? Because I am disappoint.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 8:59:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Make sure you aren't riding the slide stop with either one of your thumbs when you grip.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 9:04:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Make sure you aren't riding the slide stop with either one of your thumbs when you grip.

Thats all I can think of, although that isn't usually an issue with a Glock.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 9:19:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'm going to go back to the range and single load rounds and watch that. Anybody else?
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 9:46:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I had a problem where the slide kept on locking back after each round fire at GSSF match. It would work sometimes and doesn't other times.  Glock armor showed me what I did wrong.  Gun runs flawless now.  If by some chance the G19 has been disassemble by you or whom ever it may not be properly assembly.  The pins goes in a sequence where slide release meets.  In conclusion, your G19 may not be properly assemble.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 10:46:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I have that problem big time on any Sig. Because I train with a 1911 so much I always would ride the slide stop on sigs so I got away from them, I didn't want to train with something so different then try to go back to the 1911... However, I don't have that problem with Glocks which is why I carry one. I guess it all depends on where your thumbs are, that's where I would start.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 10:59:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Limp wrist riding the slide with your thumb.  Believe me I've seen tons of big guys who just aren't locking there wrists out enough.  At least if you are limping it a little it isn't enough to stop the gun from cycling.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 11:07:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Mine failed to lock because the cut in the slide was a little rounded.
Glock recut the slide for me.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 11:15:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have that problem big time on any Sig. Because I train with a 1911 so much I always would ride the slide stop on sigs so I got away from them, I didn't want to train with something so different then try to go back to the 1911... However, I don't have that problem with Glocks which is why I carry one. I guess it all depends on where your thumbs are, that's where I would start.

Same here, I have a 226 that just sits in the safe because of this.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 1:54:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats all I can think of, although that isn't usually an issue with a Glock.

It has always been a problem for me. Force both thumbs down to confirm. In the end, I squeezed the slide stop lever in a vice to make it protrude less... solved the problem 100%.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 6:20:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here, I have a 226 that just sits in the safe because of this.

Ouch.  I have the same problem with my 226.  It took me a while to figure out that was what I was doing.  I know it can't be good on the gun, so I'm concious of how I hold it now.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 7:17:54 PM EDT
[#11]
You're either riding the slide stop lever or the lever is installed incorrectly.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 7:19:24 PM EDT
[#12]
have  you tried more than one magazine??? sometimes a weak mag spring could be the culprit.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 7:31:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
have  you tried more than one magazine??? sometimes a weak mag spring could be the culprit.

Good call.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 3:29:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Yes, 3 different mags so I'm pretty sure it's me holding my thumbs too high. I have to adjust  that habit now. Been awhile since I've owned a Grock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top