Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2017 10:51:42 PM EDT
Title says it all.  It's not the 15rnd mags, I try them in my other G19 and no issues.  17rnds drop free in this one no problem.  Obviously there is  extra material on a 17rnd mag to make them 'heavier' but not that much when empty.  15rnds will drop free if loaded due to weight, and I can strip manually.  Ran a mag through with chalk to see if binding...Can't see any binding areas except at the very top on the back of the mags where they contact the area around the ejector but still part of the magazine well/frame.

Has this happened to anyone else?   I can't see any difference in the construction of a 15 rnd vs a 17 rnd mag that would make it bind.

If it is binding at the top in the area below the ejector, what could I do to solve? Perhaps light sanding of that area I suspect?

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 12:42:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Any plastic flashing left over in the mags?  Are the mags generationally different?  Gen what is your pistol?
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 10:42:49 PM EDT
[#2]
My older G19 does it too. I'll say stiff mag release spring or slightly misadjusted..... I really have to press in the mag release hard to get it to fall out. Any mag of any gen/age.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 3:30:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Look over your mag release. Make sure it's not protruding anywhere. That will stop a mag from dropping. And look over the feed ramp on the mag, may be deformed, catching and not allowing mag drop.

Two places to start.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top