Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2017 8:14:24 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/22/2017 8:41:21 PM EST by SafetyFirst]
Two questions:
Does the ejected brass come back at your head/chest or does it eject cleanly out around 3:00-5:00?
Also, what orange front night sight is available for the G19?
I am toying with purchasing my first Glock for a CCW due to its light weight
and 15 round capacity as well as decent holster selection.

** UPDATE**: I finally bought a Glock. I was in the LGS less than 10 seconds when the FEDX driver came in right behind me. He delivered a
G19 GEN4 FXS that has a Cerakote frame and slide in 'gray'. The dealer installed Ameriglo Trijicon orange front sight and green two dot rear
as well as a Ghost Ultimate trigger assy. I have taken pics with my I- phone but not sure how to upload them onto the site. If I can upload
them later I will. The Dealer said he has had it on order since November 2016. He meant to order black and sold me the gun at his cost and $120.00 for the Ameriglos and $20 for the Ghost Trigger parts. I think I got a great gun at a good cost.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 8:29:17 PM EST
The brass ejection has more to do with your wrist and grip. You'll know it when you limpwrist a shot. Underpowered ammo causes wonky ejection too.

The sky is the limit with your sight options.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 8:32:45 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/11/2017 8:33:34 PM EST by Mousegun]
Mine ejects off to the side, not at my head although, I have had a slight few clock me. Glock altered the ejector in newer guns to stop this.

Glock provides a front sight that is called a Glo-Pro. It is a night sight that really shows well in daylight also.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 8:33:43 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/11/2017 8:35:10 PM EST by Systrexx]
Some gen 4s have the "btf" brass to face issue that I believe has been fixed with a new ejector. My g4 g34 did it during it's initial 100 rounds occasionally.

Check out the truglo tfx sights or the Trijicons.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 8:36:15 PM EST
Mine ejects fine around the 3:00 position. Only my Gen 3's would eject back towards me and hit me in the head.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 9:03:26 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By unpleasant:
The brass ejection has more to do with your wrist and grip. You'll know it when you limpwrist a shot. Underpowered ammo causes wonky ejection too.

The sky is the limit with your sight options.
View Quote
Uh, no and no.

The ejection has to do with the extractor losing control of the case and the case bouncing off the top round in the magazine instead of being held by the extractor until it reaches the ejector.

This problem is exacerbated by more powerful ammo.

Different combinations extractors, ejectors, and extractor depressor plunger parts can usually alleviate the problem.

In my experience, the 19s are the most problematic, the 34s and 43s the least.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 9:14:27 PM EST
Mine ejected toward my arm/wrist for about 500 rounds, then the problem went away. I had a Glock 17 Gen 4 which did the exact same thing, correcting itself after about 500 rounds. I have long arms, so it was never a big deal, to me. Both guns are several years old, so I'm sure Glock has addressed it with new guns.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 9:17:41 PM EST
Same here: did it only when new, then it stopped doing it.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 9:48:09 PM EST
My gen-4 G19s eject fine; a little too weak for my taste, but no BTF. From what I've read, that may improve with time. All my gen-3 G19s had really weak ejection, landing on my arm and shoulder area, and sometimes ejection to the left; all had the 336 ejector, and I replaced it with the gen-4 30274 ejector; it made a positive improvement in the ejection pattern, well worth the change-out. I suppose I could have waited on a break-in for better ejection, but I don't really shoot that much. So changing the ejectors was a better option for me. 
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 11:27:20 PM EST
Originally Posted By SafetyFirst:
View Quote

Ameriglo Pro-Glo front sight comes with orange or green outlines with a bunch of different options for types of rear sights to pair it with. Also Trijicon HD comes with the orange ring as well.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:39:16 AM EST
Originally Posted By samuse:

Uh, no and no.

The ejection has to do with the extractor losing control of the case and the case bouncing off the top round in the magazine instead of being held by the extractor until it reaches the ejector.

This problem is exacerbated by more powerful ammo.

Different combinations extractors, ejectors, and extractor depressor plunger parts can usually alleviate the problem.

In my experience, the 19s are the most problematic, the 34s and 43s the least.
View Quote
Actually you are both right. Limp writing can cause the brass to eject wonky and a parts issue can cause the BTF. My G17 a few weeks back was doing it to a new shooter and once I got her to get a grip on the handgun and maintain a solid grip it stopped. I only noticed it because she complained she got hot brass on her ta-tas. It was obvious the problem once she shot a few rounds and the pistol was flipping around in her hands that she was not holding on to the pistol very well.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:19:45 AM EST
Both of the 19.4's I've purchased in the last 6 months eject at 3 o'clock with about 2k round through each now.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 11:14:06 AM EST
No BTF on my Gen 4 G19. It has the newer ejector.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 2:44:38 PM EST
You won't know if you're going to experience BTF until you shoot the gun. As mentioned, 19s are the most problematic for me. The issue does seem to have gotten better in recent years, but it's still around.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 1:07:32 PM EST
I have a 19.4 MOS that has an RMR and KKM Barrel/Comp... no BTF with loads from bunny fart to well into +P pressures.
With the RMR and stock barrel it did some btf with +P loads in the 115gr weight, but everything else ejected between 2 and 4 o'clock... seems to vary depending on pressure/slide speed.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 3:25:17 PM EST
My two have been good. The middle of my brass piles are at 4 o'clock, 5' from the middle of my stance. A weak one here and there but thousands of rounds with no issues.

You may want to look at Ameriglo sights. Sounds like they have what you are looking for.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 5:06:06 PM EST
I have two newer Gen 4 19s. Both eject a variety of brass anywhere but my face. that is to say I have no idea. As long as it's not hitting me in the face I don't particularly pay attention to it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 5:24:21 PM EST
It sounds like the BTF problem has been addressed. That is good to know. Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 6:43:42 PM EST
It sounds like the BTF problem has been addressed. That is good to know. Thanks!
View Quote
I wouldn't go that far . It's gotten a lot better but I still see people now and then over at GT complaining about BTF on new 17's and 19's .
I had a G41 that the BTF was so bad that after messing with it for awhile I sold it for a huge loss to a fellow Glocker who liked to tinker with them .
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 6:54:15 PM EST
All the brass on mine ejects cleanly to the right. No BTF issue.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 7:28:02 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/14/2017 7:31:54 AM EST by Goodelleric]
Mine has hit me in the head/chest and even on the left side of the gun when using Winchester White Box. No problems with Speer Lawman 124gr. Can't speak definitively for anything else.

It's not bad enough that I want to sell it yet, but it is pretty disappointing. Haven't ever had a problem with my 226 ejection, and my 43 has run everything fine. I emailed Glock about it and will have to ship it back on my own dime if I want them to take a look. That's around $40 from my LGS, and there's no guarantee they'd actually fix it, so I haven't done it yet.

edit: And I checked, my gun has the new ejector. I think it's a 2015 production unit.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 10:14:18 AM EST
Originally Posted By Goodelleric:
Mine has hit me in the head/chest and even on the left side of the gun when using Winchester White Box. No problems with Speer Lawman 124gr. Can't speak definitively for anything else.

It's not bad enough that I want to sell it yet, but it is pretty disappointing. Haven't ever had a problem with my 226 ejection, and my 43 has run everything fine. I emailed Glock about it and will have to ship it back on my own dime if I want them to take a look. That's around $40 from my LGS, and there's no guarantee they'd actually fix it, so I haven't done it yet.

edit: And I checked, my gun has the new ejector. I think it's a 2015 production unit.
View Quote
I read somewhere that Glock would/may/possibly?, depending on who you talk to there, send you one or more of the 30274 ejectors if you call and ask. Well, I called and asked. The answer I got was disappointing, but not surprising. I was told that under no circumstances do they recommend installing a gen-4 part on a gen-3 Glock, and they certainly would not send me any part since I was not a certified Glock armorer. They said I could send the gun in to them, or bring it to them, since I lived in Ga., and they would evaluate it and decide what needed to be repaired to correct the BTF issue. 

This was contrary to some other things I had read on the Internet; such as, even Glock, Inc. in Smyrna Ga had replaced the 336 ejector with the gen-4 30274 ejector on the gen-3 models to try and fix the BTF issue. The guy I talked to flatly denied this. He was rather rude, and talked to me like I was a fool and an idiot for even calling and asking them to send me a 30274 ejector. He also recommended that I contact the nearest certified Glock armorer, which I did. The nearest certified Glock armorer said they do not work on Glocks, they just sell them.

My conclusion? Most Glock owners with the BTF issue are on their own to try and fix the problem. As others have said, Glock will try to fix it, but no guarantees. So much for the perfect pistol.

Link Posted: 6/14/2017 12:08:04 PM EST
Originally Posted By Henry1:
I read somewhere that Glock would/may/possibly?, depending on who you talk to there, send you one or more of the 30274 ejectors if you call and ask. Well, I called and asked. The answer I got was disappointing, but not surprising. I was told that under no circumstances do they recommend installing a gen-4 part on a gen-3 Glock, and they certainly would not send me any part since I was not a certified Glock armorer. They said I could send the gun in to them, or bring it to them, since I lived in Ga., and they would evaluate it and decide what needed to be repaired to correct the BTF issue. 

This was contrary to some other things I had read on the Internet; such as, even Glock, Inc. in Smyrna Ga had replaced the 336 ejector with the gen-4 30274 ejector on the gen-3 models to try and fix the BTF issue. The guy I talked to flatly denied this. He was rather rude, and talked to me like I was a fool and an idiot for even calling and asking them to send me a 30274 ejector. He also recommended that I contact the nearest certified Glock armorer, which I did. The nearest certified Glock armorer said they do not work on Glocks, they just sell them.

My conclusion? Most Glock owners with the BTF issue are on their own to try and fix the problem. As others have said, Glock will try to fix it, but no guarantees. So much for the perfect pistol.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Goodelleric:

So much for ' Glock Perfection'
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 2:41:07 PM EST
They seem to be letting a lot of things slip in these last few years. I still have a couple, and carry one daily, but they are nowhere near as great a choice as they used to be, for me at least. 

Salad ad days for them have ended, so shitty CS seems to be their way of tightening the belt. 
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 9:49:07 PM EST
My 2016 model G19 Gen4 does the BTF about 3x a mag with 115gr WWB and other cheap 115gr blinking ammo.
No problem with 124gr and 147gr at all.
Did it with both the OEM barrel and an Alpha Wolf Threaded barrel.

TYCOM
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 10:45:26 PM EST

View Quote
You're expecting them to think and admit fault. They'll do neither. They're glorified parts swappers.

Their "repair" for BTF probably would have consisted of a new extractor/ejector/recoil spring, 10 rounds, okay no malfunctions it's fixed send it back to him.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 11:05:41 PM EST
Have a brand new Gen 4 19, and it has BTF, but not nearly as bad as my Gen 3 did and it has no weak ejection, like the 3 did. Send your slide to Glock and they'll install night sights (Ameriglo?) for $50 or $60.

If you get one and it has BTF, Apex extractor seems to be a consistent cure
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 11:09:42 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 6:17:08 AM EST
My 19.4 has occasional BTF. My LC9S, VP9, and M&P45 don't BTF so I don't think it's me limp writing. Taking brass to my eye (had glasses on) was not cool.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 6:24:32 AM EST
My first two trips to the range with a g19.4 purchased in April 2017 I had 4 rounds come back at my face. I was shooting blazer brass 115g and 124g. Those two trips were 200 and 400 rounds. It now has 1000 rounds through it, and eats blazer brass and Barnaul steel case 115g like it was candy. No ejection issues or any other to date. I shoot stock sights, which blow. Next week I'll be installing ameriglo I dot pro. Will review.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 8:56:37 AM EST
Originally Posted By MRTEX:
My first two trips to the range with a g19.4 purchased in April 2017 I had 4 rounds come back at my face. I was shooting blazer brass 115g and 124g. Those two trips were 200 and 400 rounds. It now has 1000 rounds through it, and eats blazer brass and Barnaul steel case 115g like it was candy. No ejection issues or any other to date. I shoot stock sights, which blow. Next week I'll be installing ameriglo I dot pro. Will review.
View Quote
Then there may be something to the "breaking-in" period, improving the BTF issue. On the other hand, I've also read where others have fired 1000s of rounds through their G19 and still get the BTF. I reckon the problem of BTF has a wide variety of variables that are a part of the equation, as well as varying degrees and sporadic BTF, and even Glock don't know all the answers.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 9:53:25 AM EST
Mine did eject it directly at me and/or dribbled out of the ejection port when new. Now that it has 1,00 rounds or more it stopped doing it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 7:39:10 PM EST
I went to one of the LGS today and tried to order the G19 TALO with the orange Ameriglo NS. Lipsey's is out of stock per the LGS owner and he has put one on B/O with Lipsey's. I hope when I get it I will like it.
I have resisted Glock but finally decided to put up or shut up.
I just hope I can shoot it reasonably well. I intend to put in the practice needed to become proficient.

*** Could anyone recommend a IWB/OWB leather holster for carry ? ***
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 7:57:27 PM EST
I own two gen 4 19's and my issued gen 4 G22.

My 19's all eject away properly. My issued g22 throws brass at my forehead.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 9:02:11 AM EST
I went to one of the LGS today and tried to order the G19 TALO with the orange Ameriglo NS. Lipsey's is out of stock per the LGS owner and he has put one on B/O with Lipsey's. I hope when I get it I will like it.
I just hope I can shoot it reasonably well. I intend to put in the practice needed to become proficient.

View Quote
I fought it as long as I could too. I regret it daily. My g19.4 is easily my favorite pistol next to my super Redhawk, which is a pain in the ass to shoot not to mention expensive. Nothing beats how smooth my XD9 shoots, but overall the g19 was a SOLID purchase. I hope to buy a 17 in the near future. Which means new holsters :(
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 9:44:47 AM EST

View Quote
Tombstone Tactical has 99 Talo G19's in stock.
$539.00 .
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 4:25:38 PM EST
Originally Posted By XM21Nick:
$539.00 .
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By XM21Nick:

$539.00 .
Thanks, my LGS has ordered one from Lipseys for $530..00. What I am looking for now is a holster so any recommendations from first hand
experience will be appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 9:20:47 PM EST
For Glock holsters I use Bravo Concealment . 15% off this weekend .
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 6:50:16 AM EST

View Quote

Not sure where you are in GA, but I just bought one at Georgia Gun Store in Gainesville for 522- and they have more in stock!
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 8:22:46 AM EST
My new G4 G19 does it once about every 10 rounds or so. My G4 G17 hasn't done it once.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 12:17:54 PM EST
My 2016 gen4 tossed a spent casing at my forehead maybe 1 out of 100 rounds with the 2k rounds of blazer brass I ran they it. Hasn't happened once in 1700 rounds of 147gr lawman I've run thru it since...can't really be sure if it was the ammo change of a late break in but it stopped. ( ps blazer brass is probably the dirtiest 9mm I've ever run! I'm done with it)
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 12:24:16 PM EST
Originally Posted By Emspop:
My 2016 gen4 tossed a spent casing at my forehead maybe 1 out of 100 rounds with the 2k rounds of blazer brass I ran they it. Hasn't happened once in 1700 rounds of 147gr lawman I've run thru it since...can't really be sure if it was the ammo change of a late break in but it stopped. ( ps blazer brass is probably the dirtiest 9mm I've ever run! I'm done with it)
View Quote
I shoot lots of Blazer Brass and find it to be reasonably clean and accurate. WWB is far dirtier for me.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 12:42:05 PM EST
For sights I would suggest the Ameriglo day/night sights. Orange big dot for night with non glow white in the center for daytime.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 9:06:52 PM EST
I personally love the Ameriglo CAP in Orange.

My current G19-4 has been flawless since I acquired it used, and my previous one also had zero issues out of the box brand new.
I do prefer Gen3 guns, but I trust my Gen4 19 completely.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 4:03:07 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/21/2017 4:03:30 AM EST by mat-ar]
Two questions:
Does the ejected brass come back at your head/chest or does it eject cleanly out around 3:00-5:00?
I am toying with purchasing my first Glock for a CCW due to its light weight
and 15 round capacity as well as decent holster selection.
View Quote

I own a gen4 glock 19, and even though I really like it, I think it's sort of pointless in terms of size. I think it's unnecessarily small, while not being small enough for it to actually matter. The size reduction only screws with my grip and when i reload the magazines pinch my hand.

If I was to do it again, I'd get a glock 43 for ease of concealment, but definitely get the g17 over the 19 if you're not going subcompact. Thats just my 0.02 and the thousands and thousands of people who carry g19s (or say they carry them anyways) might have a very different opinion.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 8:11:35 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/21/2017 8:13:07 AM EST by SickMAK90]
I have two G19.4s and neither give me BTF but sometimes I will have brass land between my arms or on my right arm when shooting cheap federal 115gr. If I am shooting decent 124gr it doesn't give me any problems at all.

You have a plethora of sight and holster options...literally almost every one.

Originally Posted By mat-ar:

I own a gen4 glock 19, and even though I really like it, I think it's sort of pointless in terms of size. I think it's unnecessarily small, while not being small enough for it to actually matter. The size reduction only screws with my grip and when i reload the magazines pinch my hand.

If I was to do it again, I'd get a glock 43 for ease of concealment, but definitely get the g17 over the 19 if you're not going subcompact. Thats just my 0.02 and the thousands and thousands of people who carry g19s (or say they carry them anyways) might have a very different opinion.
View Quote
For my size/build a g19 is pretty much the largest gun I can conceal and they fit my hand really well. Right now I don't even own a gun larger than a g19.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:41:01 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/21/2017 11:42:03 AM EST by mat-ar]
Originally Posted By SickMAK90:
For my size/build a g19 is pretty much the largest gun I can conceal and they fit my hand really well. Right now I don't even own a gun larger than a g19.
View Quote
Good point. If I didn't pinch my hand when inserting magazines, I'd probably not consider upgrading to a g17. However, it's not a real dealbreaker for CCW, since I don't even carry a spare mag.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:37:12 PM EST
Originally Posted By mat-ar:

View Quote
Same here. I carry a 43 or a 34. Or both. 19 just doesn't have any place on my belt.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:46:40 PM EST
Originally Posted By Bradd_D:
I shoot lots of Blazer Brass and find it to be reasonably clean and accurate. WWB is far dirtier for me.
View Quote
No doubt that white box is bad but honestly those last two cases of the blazer brass I ran were just horrible in my gun but for the sake of full disclosure I also was also trying several different cleaners and lube during that time before going back to break free CLP...and one or two really seemed to attract crude so...
I do maintain the lawman 147 is the cleanest I've ever run.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 8:29:47 PM EST
For sights with an orange front I would choose Ameriglo. I have Ameriglo Hackathorns on my 19. Blacked out rear with an orange ring front night sight. My preferred carry gun set up. They are also super cheap compared to other sights because the rear is just blacked out. I got mine on Amazon for like $65ish IIRC.

If you want the rear to have night sights as well Ameriglo also has those in a few different configurations (3 dot, i dot, etc.)

A lot of people also like Trijicon HDs. I have a set of those on a 17 but prefer the Ameriglos due to the blacked out rear.
Top Top