Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 10/1/2005 1:06:37 PM EDT
Was going to go with a P2000.  But then I picked up a USP9mm and though nice.   Besides the Full and Compact are cheaper then the 2000.  Always been a P7 man before have 3 and want to go with a "plastic" carry piece/ shot the crap out of.    Anybody have both and how do they compare, (USP Compact and USP fullsize).
Thanks  
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:09:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends on how they fit your hand.  I find the full size slightly too big while the Compact fits me like a glove and points more naturally than any other pistol I have ever shot.  I almost don't need the sights on the damned thing.  Recoil is not that much different thanks to the recoil reduction system and buffer used on the Compact and sight radius is not so different that a halfway decent shot is going to see much of a difference.  Mag capacity in .45 is a bit less (1/3 less) but if 9 rounds (counting the one in the pipe) of .45 does not get the job done then you are not doing YOUR job.  In the 9mm the mag capacity is down from 15 in the USP to 13 in the USPC so I don't see two rounds as being much of a difference either.
For me, the Compact .45 is my Baby.  The USP is great also, but as I said, with my hands it is just a hair on the large size for first shot DA fire.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 6:22:40 PM EDT
[#2]
The compact version will be infinitely easier to use as a CCW. My USP .45 Compact is as accurate as any full size .45 I have or have shot.

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:07:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Does anybody know general prices for each and where is a good place to go?
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:43:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Does anybody know general prices for each and where is a good place to go?
Thanks

Big Bore turned me on to "bugs-n-bullets". Saved me about $100 after all was said & done. Nice folks there too.

I paid $719 for my USP .45 fullsize. Gunshow/retail shop prices will probably run in the low $800s these days.

My .o2
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:51:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Depends on how they fit your hand.  I find the full size slightly too big while the Compact fits me like a glove...

Exactly.  My USP 45c feels great.

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:36:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I have found the compact to handle better and shoot more accurate then the full size. Full size is way to big in my opinion.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:37:14 AM EDT
[#7]
In the .45 usp that is.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:29:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I personally like the fullsize more than the compact. I don't see how you could say the compact is more accurate than the fullsize though, that makes no sense to me. You may hit better with a compact, but it is probably because you are more used to it. As far as I knew the longer barrel and sight radius of the fullsize would make it more accurate. I am about 6'4" 170lb. so my clothes are pretty loose on me and I have no issue concealing the fullsize USP, YMMV however.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:01:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm going off my experience with each model and from others I have shot with. The full sizes I have shot seemed to be less accurate. I have owned both and shot both plenty of times. carrying this gun I've never done. Full size that is. Way to big. Its like carrying a small 12gauge.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:53:15 PM EDT
[#10]
My only problem with the compact...is that it is hardly compact and therefore I don't really see the point.

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:09:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I have had a bunch of Hk's

With every oppertunity to own them all , these are what I kept.

2000SK 9mm
USP Compact .45
USP Fullsize 9mm
Mk 23

By far my favorites. If not for the 2000 SK 9mm , I would certainly have the USP Compact 9mm.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:18:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
My only problem with the compact...is that it is hardly compact and therefore I don't really see the point.

I noticed the same thing. The 2000 does seem to be a bit smaller than the compact though.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:45:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I am about 6'4" 170lb. so my clothes are pretty loose on me and I have no issue concealing the fullsize USP

Some of us are midgets.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:46:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

A) Because it's smaller than the fullsize.

B) Because it's a H&K. Everything else is second place.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:34:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Zippy! Have you ever put a full size next to a compact You would see the point then if so.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:17:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Just a quick point.  A longer barrel and longer sight radius does not make a particular firearm more accurate.  In fact, the longer the barrel the less accurate they can be because a shorter barrel is stiffer than a same diameter longer barrel and less stiff equals more harmonic variability, which yields less accuracy.  However, in the lengths we are talking about in the real world with average Joe Blow shooter it is a mute point.
 The longer sight radius only allows an average shooter to shoot a pistol more accurately; it does not make the gun more accurate and in the hands of a really good shot, that person will be as accurate with the shorter sight radius as he will be with a longer one.
When it comes to the USP being more accurate than the USPC, or the USPC being more accurate than the USP, it all boils down on how the pistol in question fits the shooter shooting it.  The pistol that fits the shooter better is going to be more accurate in the hands of that particular shooter.  Dollars to doughnuts if the Compact fits me better I will shoot better with it, and if the USP fits you better you will shoot better with the USP.  Inherent accuracy between the USP and the USPC is six of one, half dozen of another.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top