Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
12/6/2019 7:27:02 PM
Posted: 12/17/2016 12:54:43 AM EST
Does any one have a preference as to what tool they like to use when removing and reinstalling the front and rear sight? I was looking at either purchasing a Sig Sauer Classic Pistol Front, Rear Sight Adjustment Tool or one made by Maryland Gun for Sig.
Thanks
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 1:52:05 AM EST
Unless you are going to be installing a LOT of Sig sights, do yourself a favor and get a universal tool over a make specific tool.

When fitting any sights, proper fittment (filing or use of a sanding block) is much more important than having a special sight pusher. I usually install sights with a aluminum or brass punch after fitting. I only use a pusher to remove or make adjustments to a sight that's already installed.

I also recommend using a dab of red Loctite on dovetail sights when installing.

Link Posted: 12/17/2016 12:14:52 PM EST
I have the MGW for classic P-series. Works great, but doesn't fit P320's.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 4:35:44 PM EST
I've been looking for a 320 specific sight tool for a year. Anybody know of a good universal one that works well with the 320. David
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 8:39:35 PM EST
I was looking at the MGW Sig tool for the classic pistols. I'm afraid of a general use tool since I will really use it on my Sigs. Altough I appreciate the suggestion. Any preference on sights? I was thinking about trying the Trijicon sights as opposed to the SigLites.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 10:11:59 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By be200w:
I was looking at the MGW Sig tool for the classic pistols. I'm afraid of a general use tool since I will really use it on my Sigs. Altough I appreciate the suggestion. Any preference on sights? I was thinking about trying the Trijicon sights as opposed to the SigLites.
View Quote

The SigLite sights are much nicer than the regular 3-dot Trijicons IMHO.

Link Posted: 12/18/2016 2:10:16 AM EST
Well SigLites it is then, thanks.
Top Top