Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2016 1:54:43 AM EDT
Does any one have a preference as to what tool they like to use when removing and reinstalling the front and rear sight? I was looking at either purchasing a Sig Sauer Classic Pistol Front, Rear Sight Adjustment Tool  or one made by Maryland Gun for Sig.
Thanks
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 2:52:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Unless you are going to be installing a LOT of Sig sights, do yourself a favor and get a universal tool over a make specific tool.

When fitting any sights, proper fittment (filing or use of a sanding block) is much more important than having a special sight pusher.  I usually install sights with a aluminum or brass punch after fitting.  I only use a pusher to remove or make adjustments to a sight that's already installed.

I also recommend using a dab of red Loctite on dovetail sights when installing.

Link Posted: 12/17/2016 1:14:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the MGW for classic P-series. Works great, but doesn't fit P320's.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 5:35:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been looking for a 320 specific sight tool for a year.  Anybody know of a good universal one that works well with the 320.  David
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 9:39:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I was looking at the MGW Sig tool for the classic pistols. I'm afraid of a general use tool since I will really use it on my Sigs. Altough I appreciate the suggestion.  Any preference on sights? I was thinking about trying the Trijicon sights as opposed  to the SigLites.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 11:11:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was looking at the MGW Sig tool for the classic pistols. I'm afraid of a general use tool since I will really use it on my Sigs. Altough I appreciate the suggestion.  Any preference on sights? I was thinking about trying the Trijicon sights as opposed  to the SigLites.
View Quote

The SigLite sights are much nicer than the regular 3-dot Trijicons IMHO.  

Link Posted: 12/18/2016 3:10:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Well SigLites it is then, thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top