Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2013 3:40:27 PM EDT
I bought a Glock 27 mainly to keep some money in guns because I sold a couple.  Picked up the 27 because I thought it’d be a little easier to conceal than a Glock 23 which I carry nearly every day.  After carrying the 27 for a couple of days I remembered a forgotten gun reality-it’s just as easy to conceal a mid size Glock as it is the small ones.  I don’t regret the purchase, the gun will come in handy I suppose when it gets over 100 degrees in the Texas summer, but the money would have been better spent on another 23.  Live, learn and relearn.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 3:57:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I bought a Glock 27 mainly to keep some money in guns because I sold a couple.  Picked up the 27 because I thought it’d be a little easier to conceal than a Glock 23 which I carry nearly every day.  After carrying the 27 for a couple of days I remembered a forgotten gun reality-it’s just as easy to conceal a mid size Glock as it is the small ones.  I don’t regret the purchase, the gun will come in handy I suppose when it gets over 100 degrees in the Texas summer, but the money would have been better spent on another 23.  Live, learn and relearn.
View Quote

I disagree with you a little bit because the grip on the G27 is shorter than the G23, therefore it's easier to conceal.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 4:01:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 4:30:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
if a 1" of grip or slide keeps yo from being concealed you have a bigger issue.
View Quote

And what's that?
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 4:40:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 4:49:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 7:02:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The G26 is my least favorite of my 9mm Glocks, I don't really find it any easier to conceal than a G19 (except maybe in an outer coat pocket, where I prefer a snubbie wheelgun anyway) and I shoot the 19 better.  Probably why I only have one 26.  

IOW, same story here, different caliber.

View Quote

There is a model of Glock you only have one of?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 7:21:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The G26 is my least favorite of my 9mm Glocks, I don't really find it any easier to conceal than a G19 (except maybe in an outer coat pocket, where I prefer a snubbie wheelgun anyway) and I shoot the 19 better.  Probably why I only have one 26.  

IOW, same story here, different caliber.

View Quote

Really? That's odd, I luv both my 26 & 19 but  I find the 26 slightly easier to hide and, oddly enough I'm a slightly better shot with the 26. BTW I think your posts on Glocks are some of the most worthwhile ones to read

Link Posted: 12/7/2013 7:22:04 PM EDT
[#8]
simple fact of the matter is: The "full-size" Glock is just not that big of a gun.

Here compared the "full-size" G22 to a four-inch revolver.

Link Posted: 12/7/2013 7:50:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I carry my 23 just as well as my wife's 26, but if I were to decide I wanted a more concealable version Ill probably go this route...with a 9 or another 23.

Link Posted: 12/8/2013 1:57:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Not only clothing but environment can be a huge factor in concealing a gun where small changes in gun size make the difference say between a gun being good for pocket or ankle carry or not. In my day to day environment with close contact with other people bending stooping and twisting and often no cover garments any small increment in improved concealabity is good
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 6:11:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I carry my 23 just as well as my wife's 26, but if I were to decide I wanted a more concealable version Ill probably go this route...with a 9 or another 23.

http://www.icetraining.info/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/26L.jpg
View Quote

When did Glock ever make a 26L and where can I find one?
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 10:13:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like a custom gen 2 19 with a fancy new model # on the slide to me. There is no factory "26L".
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 12:01:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Looks like a custom gen 2 19 with a fancy new model # on the slide to me. There is no factory "26L".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks photoshopped.  
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 2:47:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
.....Picked up the 27 because I thought it’d be a little easier to conceal than a Glock 23 which I carry nearly every day.  After carrying the 27 for a couple of days I remembered a forgotten gun reality-it’s just as easy to conceal a mid size Glock as it is the small ones......
View Quote

Umm, I can't get my G23 into my jeans pocket (with a pocket holster to protect the trigger).  That's why I've pocket carried my G27 that way for about 4 yrs.  The sub compacts are in fact much easier to conceal.  
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 3:23:12 PM EDT
[#15]
I shoot my 27 better than my 23.
I can also fit the 23 barrel in the 27 if I want extra velocity without the extra slide length.

Dave N
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 3:33:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Being only 5'7" its definitely way easier to conceal a sub compact than a compact.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 3:48:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I can also fit the 23 barrel in the 27 if I want extra velocity without the extra slide length.

Dave N
View Quote

That's interesting-have you shot it that way?
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 3:49:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Umm, I can't get my G23 into my jeans pocket (with a pocket holster to protect the trigger).  That's why I've pocket carried my G27 that way for about 4 yrs.  The sub compacts are in fact much easier to conceal.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
.....Picked up the 27 because I thought it’d be a little easier to conceal than a Glock 23 which I carry nearly every day.  After carrying the 27 for a couple of days I remembered a forgotten gun reality-it’s just as easy to conceal a mid size Glock as it is the small ones......

I never tried pocket carry like that surely you use flush mags, yes?
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:36:54 AM EDT
[#19]
While I think the 27 is an awesome pistol, one reason I never hang on to them is because it is just as easy to carry the 23.  Sure to be technical the 27 conceals better, but the 23 isn't much bigger really and offers better ballistics and more ammo.  I tried to pocket carry the 27, but in "normal" clothing it just doesn't work so you who do pocket carry them, you must wear overalls all the time.  
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 11:42:14 AM EDT
[#20]
I carry my 26 over my 19 because it really does conceal better with a t-shirt. If I go out in a button up shirt,  jacket, or whatever it's back to the 19
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 11:44:55 AM EDT
[#21]
... and this is why I think about selling my G26 about 3x a week... but everyone says, "noooo.... you'll regret it!"
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 2:28:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Noooooooo!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 3:35:50 PM EDT
[#23]
I have a 26 & 19.

Though the 19 is king, the 26 is a really good shooter, and being smaller, all be it marginally, has never been a disadvantage....particularly since it accepts the 19's mags.

Among other HK's, I also have a P2000SK which is dimensionally almost identical to the 26 that I also love.

Maybe it's the hot sticky weather here most of the year, who knows, but even a marginally smaller gun is sometimes just a little more comfortable, yet still plenty capable.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 4:08:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have a 26 & 19.

Though the 19 is king, the 26 is a really good shooter, and being smaller, all be it marginally, has never been a disadvantage....particularly since it accepts the 19's mags.

Among other HK's, I also have a P2000SK which is dimensionally almost identical to the 26 that I also love.

Maybe it's the hot sticky weather here most of the year, who knows, but even a marginally smaller gun is sometimes just a little more comfortable, yet still plenty capable.
View Quote

I'm thinking when summer in Texas gets here I may appreciate the 27 a little more
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 4:20:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dave N

Yes I have.
I also have 9mm conversion barrels for it in 27 and 23 length I have done the same with.

Don't try a full size barrel in it though.

The GAP floor plates make all the difference in handling the sub compact Glocks for me.

Dave N
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 4:25:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Can you ankle carry a G23?
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 4:32:04 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I'm thinking when summer in Texas gets here I may appreciate the 27 a little more
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a 26 & 19.

If I had to pick one Glock of any size or caliber, and only one, the 19 is the clear choice. Period. Excellent carry gun, possibly the best over all IMO. If someone can't find a way to CCW a 19, they're doing something wrong.

That being said, I don't have to make the choice of only one Glock (or other pistol) and I find in certain dress, certain times, I prefer the 26.

There'll be guys along shortly that will tell you they appendix carry an MK23 in jogging shorts, in Ball-Sweat TX in August and it's so comfortable they can't help but do cart wheels out of sheer CCW euphoria.

I'm not that guy, and I've been carrying a gun for many years.

A capable gun, a capable shooter and proper mindset are all one needs, which reliable gun that makes the selection is very subjective and there is no one right answer...and little reason to not have more than one choice as circumstances dictate to your preference.

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:08:43 PM EDT
[#28]
I purchased a 27 years ago because I had the 22 and 23. After putting a few hundred rounds into the 27 I found that the 23 offered much more and sold the thing. After the Gen 4 27 came out I was in the gun store playing with it and almost bought it. The guy at the gun store said remember about five years ago you had one and hated it I. said no I didn't remember but now I do. Thanks almost did it twice.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:16:53 AM EDT
[#29]
My 26 will pocket carry, my 19 won't.  The grip is the hardest part of the gun to conceal. They both have their place.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:14:16 PM EDT
[#30]
What kind of pants are you people wearing that you can pocket carry some of these weapons? I had a Kahr PM9 that I could carry in cargo shorts but most other pants it was just to large. The Glock 26 and 27 are larger than the PM9. I am not saying it can't be done but the more pocket the weapon takes up the harder it is to get out quickly.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 6:54:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I disagree with you a little bit because the grip on the G27 is shorter than the G23, therefore it's easier to conceal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But for a full grip you use the pinky extension on the mag. Misewell get a 23
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 7:11:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The heel is what prints. A +0 pinky extension adds nothing to that.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 7:23:16 PM EDT
[#33]
I packed a 26 in the front pocket of my jeans for years. Wouldnt be possible with a mid size
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 7:25:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
if a 1" of grip or slide keeps yo from being concealed you have a bigger issue.
View Quote

It does when my 26 rides in a Galco pocket rocket in my front pocket.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:43:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, this.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:33:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:03:55 AM EDT
[#37]
The only advantage I have found with my G26, VS my much preferred G19, is that the G26 works better for ankle carry/some pocket carry. Beyond that, it is a rare situation where I can conceal the baby Glock, but not a G19.

My hands are XL so the baby Glocks have always been a bit too small, grip wise. I shoot the G19  substantially better, in regards to speed and accuracy. GAP plates do help though. Made a bigger difference than I would have thought.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 10:24:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dave N

I've done that with my G27 and G32 barrel.

Little pocket rocket...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top