Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2009 6:59:24 PM EDT
I have mep and trig nite sites on my gocks. I can find no markings on the mep to indicate when they were made. The trigs do in the beggining but since they are painted on,they tend to wear off easy.

Since they are warranted for many years,how do I tell whne they were made?/
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 12:23:31 AM EDT
[#1]
For warranty purposes,how do you tell how old night sites are??

Your receipt?  Usually these things are warranted to the original owner/purchaser.  If you got them second hand, there's usually no warranty available.
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 1:27:30 AM EDT
[#2]
They have dates on the flat of the FSP.
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 12:14:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
They have dates on the flat of the FSP.

I can't find anything on top of the FSP. Is it underneath??
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:21:46 PM EDT
[#4]
The half-life of tritium is approx 11 years (12.33 per Wiki).

Don't the capsules have a MM-YY in black on the side?
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 3:26:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Contact the company. Both have excellent warranty service.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 3:38:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I called trigican and they told me that everything is prorated. I told him  got the sites 2nd hand and he told me SOL.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:04:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I called trigican and they told me that everything is prorated. I told him  got the sites 2nd hand and he told me SOL.

I'm kinda thinking about having Trijicon refresh the night sights in my '96 vintage G19.  Can you tell me what they quoted you for the service?

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:46:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm kinda thinking about having Trijicon refresh the night sights in my '96 vintage G19.  Can you tell me what they quoted you for the service?

I think it was $21 for each tube.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:47:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think it was $21 for each tube.
That's not too awful... thanks!

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 5:37:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that sucks. Kimber just replaced my stock Mepro's under warranty knowing I bought it second hand. Trijicon just replaced a set of sights because the new front was dim, probably because the clown that installed it popped it. Didn't cost me anything.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top