-new intergrated rail (3rd gen)
  -large grip size for my large hands
  -45ACP
  -Reliabililty
  -I kind of like the term Tacticle Tupperware,

Dislikes
  -Glock Grips hard to hold when sweaty
  -stupid 10 round mags
  -I wear of the black finish, although the patina look is kind of nice, but being able to keep it looking like new would be nice

YMMV
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:03:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:04:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:42:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I hate three things:

The oddity of the angle at which you must turn the pistol to drop the mag.  Unless you have HUGE hands.  I have XL hands and I must STILL manuever the pistol a little too much for my liking.

Very true, I forgot that one, It's still an issue even with my very large hands

Quoted:
The slide release, isn't.  It is so flush that if you don't hit it JUST RIGHT on the first try you are stuck racking the slide.  I have been instructed that this is common.

I forgot this one as well, I put on the Glock extended Slide release within a week of buying my glock, that makes it much easier

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:01:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Keep in mind that it's not a slide release....it's a slide stop. You can look it up in an armorer's manual. I slingshot the slide anyway, regardless of the gun. Much easier under heavy stress, and although it's a little slower, with practice you can get quick.

If the grip is too slippery when you shoot, use skate tape/decal grips or AGrip....a lot of people like the latter.

As for the mags, the AWB is about to sunset, so you should be able to get some higher capacity magazines, no?

As for the tennifer finish, I have never had a problem with mine.....I've done one handed clearance drills using the slide of the weapon. I had tons of paint marks from the object on which I racked the slide, but they easily wiped off with a silicone cloth, leaving the gun looking as good as new.

I think the 21 could be a bit thick for some to carry, but if you really dig this weapon, you'll find a way to carry it.....or get the G30!!! It's *very* controllable, but some people don't like the grip length and backstrap.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:05:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:25:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I can't add much to what was said...  I love the G-21.  I love the 13-rd 45 ACP mags.  I love the consistant trigger pull.  I love that liberals are afraid of it!  The only upgrade mine has is a LaserMax laser and I have had this setup for a long time now!

Downsides:  It is a big gun to carry in the summer, I have a snubby 38 I carry when I need a smaller carry pistol.  Also, if you are a serious paper puncher you will find the 1911s to be better target guns but I don't have the Glock to punch paper!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:26:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Had one.

I loved it's accuracy.

I liked knowing I had 13 rounds of 45acp.

I like just about everything about it. (As a South Paw, the mag release is always a snap as I keep the gun on target and punch out using my trigger finger)

I replaced the slide stop with an extended one.  Since I'm a South Paw, using my index finger to manipulate the slide stop/release- I needed some extra purchase surface to make sure it worked well....

My main dislike, it was bulky/heavy.

looking back now, I probably should have kept it.

Sly
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:17:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I am seriously considering one.  Lots of people seem to love them.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:39:24 PM EDT
[#10]
I like mine, its too big for carry though.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:05:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Capacity, caliber, ease of operation.

DISLIKE

Ergonomics, mag release, trigger, aesthetics.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:04:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Capacity
Smooth shooting/low recoil
Flawless function

Dislikes:
Slightly large to conceal
I shoot it so much, I keep running out of ammo
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:28:06 AM EDT
[#13]
uterrly reliable hicap .45 ACP
big ass ole slide which seems to soak up recoil

Dislikes

grip- mine was like hlding a 2x4 until i had a grip reduction done on it, i don't know why glock doesn't build them that way (oh i forgot gaston is always PERFECT)

Sights- plastic what the hell was glock thinking?  I replaced mine first thing on all of my glocks.

Drop free mags that don't (another glock thing) and a mag release that could be a scootch longer

Too big for concealed carry
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:39:03 AM EDT
[#14]
tell me about this grip reduction.  the ones i have seen look like someone had taken a roto tool to them and filled them in with Acraglass of JB-weld.  .  how do they do it and can i do it myself?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:46:40 AM EDT
[#15]
I think basically thats what they do.  Of course you're paying for someone elses experience when you ship it off to dane or robar and the pistols they fucked up in the process.  

So the real question is ..Are you feeling lucky?

BTW my dane reduction won't win any beauty contests but it is very function with additional material removed on the right side aft of the trigger to improve reach.

Robars look very nice from what i've seen.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:24:56 AM EDT
[#16]
do the mags drop free on the new 21s?

i had an old 21 and never could get a mag to fall free.  they would always hang up which was part of the reason i sold it
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:36:52 PM EDT
[#17]
The things I like about my G21 are to numerous to mention. The only real complaint that I have with the G21 is the large grip. I don't have a problem handleing it but it would be nicer to have a smaller grip.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:01:45 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
tell me about this grip reduction.  the ones i have seen look like someone had taken a roto tool to them and filled them in with Acraglass of JB-weld.  .  how do they do it and can i do it myself?

I dont know how they do it, but it worked out pretty good on mine. It is totally reshaped. I dont think they added anything to it. LMK if you want to pick up a G21 with the grip reduction, mine is up for sale.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:06:15 PM EDT
[#19]
I love mine...  I have a 21 and a 30.  

Big .45 - my 21 and a single back-up mag give me 27 rnds of .45.  I have big hands so the recoil dampening of the weight is a good trade-off for the size.

Started with a Gen 1 and got a Gen 3 a couple years ago.

I carried mine daily in a blade tech IWB until I got a M3 light and now I just use the G21 for duty.  I don't like taking the light on and off all the time.

Quoted:
Don't really care what it's called, the location, the function and the design lend it to be used as a slide release -- it should work as such.

I think that was his point...  It isn't a release.  

Just because it lends itself to that, doesn't mean it is a good thing.

Pushing down on the slide stop stresses it since it is sitting there with the weight of the recoil spring pushign on it...  and you are basically forcing it off the magazine.

just grab the slide and yank on it.  it will go forward w/ much more force and won't damage your weapon.

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:18:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Are they going to release a green G21 ?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:24:32 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

There were no Gen 1 G21s, only G17s and a very few G19s.  All other pistols were Gen2s and Gen3s.

Quoted:
Are they going to release a green G21 ?

They already have.  

The only thing I dislike about most Glock is the grip angle.  It can be overcome but they do point high for me.

Shivan,
The slide stop on a Glock is only really designed to lock the slide open when its shot empty.  If it were larger you might bump it during firing causing it to lock open prematurely.  Use the sling-shot method to chamber a fresh round after a reload.  It more reliably chambers a round that way in any semi auto pistol.  

The G34/35 pistols have extended slide stops but you must remember this was designed as a gaming pistol though they market it for tactical too.  It fits perfectly in the IDPA box so what do you think it was really designed as?, where as the G17/G24 was too long, but notice those also had regular slide stops.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:42:57 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There were no Gen 1 G21s, only G17s and a very few G19s.  All other pistols were Gen2s and Gen3s.

I stand corrected.  It was smooth grip; no finger grooves and no light rail and a shit-pot of holster wear when I sent it on its way..  sniff sniff, I miss that gun.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:45:43 AM EDT
[#23]
I can hold mine well, but if my hands were ANY smaller, there would be problems.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:25:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Had one.. traded it off after two weeks.

Caliber/capacity combo
Good sights
Utterly reliable. I shot the shit out of it while I had it.

Dislikes:

Grip angle. 1911's point for me without even trying, had to nose the Glock down for every presentation.
Wide as all outside. Grip was good to start out, but if I fatigued or got sweaty, it would get jumpy.

Wierdest thing was the recoil impulse, it was different than any other .45 I've owned. Slide action was SLOOOOOOW, the combination of heavy slide and low pressure round, I could distinctly feel the slide going back and forth, KAAAAAA-CHUNK KAAAAAA-CHUNK. Trying to match that with the trigger reset was a bitch for me.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:30:56 PM EDT
[#25]
I've owned 2.

Factory front sight tends to shoot loose. Chipped extractors. factory hicap mag springs have short service life.

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:05:52 PM EDT
[#26]
I shot Shivan's G21 yesterday and all I can say is

I'm getting one now
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 3:19:51 PM EDT
[#27]
They are good guns, I also like the G20.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:10:43 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
tell me about this grip reduction. the ones i have seen look like someone had taken a roto tool to them and filled them in with Acraglass of JB-weld. . how do they do it and can i do it myself?

How come nobody answered my thread about Glock Grip Reductions!!!???  Its been there for weeks and 0 people have responded!!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:38:35 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
tell me about this grip reduction. the ones i have seen look like someone had taken a roto tool to them and filled them in with Acraglass of JB-weld. . how do they do it and can i do it myself?

How come nobody answered my thread about Glock Grip Reductions!!!???  Its been there for weeks and 0 people have responded!!!

I'd get a pistol that's smaller that would fit your grip, not changing the pistol to fit your grip. please do not butcher the gun!
I've seen the outcome of these grip reduction. It looks nasty as heck.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:09:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:11:00 AM EDT
[#31]
I plan on picking up a 21 when I get back from Asscrackistan.    Just to have quite frankly.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:21:48 AM EDT
[#32]
I went and rented a Glock 21 the other day at Targetworld for consideration as my CCW.  I have shorter fingers and a Beretta 92FS, for example, is too wide for me.  Surprisingly, the G21 felt great in my hands.  I must be in the minority, but I love the grip angle.  It reminds me of a Luger's angle and for me, points like my own hand.  I loved the recoil, or lack thereof.  My only dislike was how hard it was to load mags, but I'm sure someone makes a device to assist with this.  I am a little concerned with its size for CCW, but I will be carrying it in a shoulder rig.  It also helps that I'm 6'0" tall and 250 lbs.  I plan on taking this to my Defensive Pistol-250 at Gunsite.  My wife loves the G26 babyglock and will be going with me.  That combination may turn some heads!  She actually shot considerably better with G26 than the G19!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top