Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2002 8:44:21 PM EDT
Are the Fobus holsters made of the same finish terminating material as Kydex holsters?  I see that Kimber has the C21 on the front home page of their web page so they obviously like them.  In any case, they look to me like they would wear the finish off or scratch a stainless piece similar to how a Kydex holster would.
Opinions?
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 8:10:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Well I have been carrying my Glock 30 in a fobus holster for about a year now. It is showing no signs of wear on the slide, other than a small worn spot on the slide release. Im not so sure thats the fault of the holster, since it looks like some cheap coating on it in the first place.
As for your question, no there not made out of kydex. There plastic. Howver there is somthing in the manf, process that makes it feel very smooth, almost like a swed. The holsters are great. I carry my Glock 30 in a paddle version, and my mags in a paddal version. They are light, and comfy. There is a slight bounce when runing, but when moving at a normal pace the gun is held closly to your body. They are so light the only thing you feel is the weight of the gun. Like I said it keeps the pistol tight to your side allowing you to conceal it easer. Anyone here who has used or owns a Glock 30 will tell you its a fat little gun. (it holds 10 rnds of .45ACP it has to be) and it is easly concealed in a fobus holster. Best perk about the holster is that there about 22$.
Here is a pic of my Glock 30 in its Fobus holster. Note how close it is held to my body. It is kept at my side in the FBI 45' (did I tell you that they could be adjusted too?)

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/bullet_catcher_357/vwp?.dir=/My+pics&.src=ph&.dnm=backdrop.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/bullet_catcher_357/lst%3f%26.dir=/My%2bpics%26.src=ph%26.view=t

cut and paste the link.
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 7:49:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Fobus calls it "polymer," but it feels more like rubber.

Remember, if it costs more than $200.00, it's polymer.  If it costs less than $200.00, it's plastic.
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 8:25:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 8:25:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a fobus roto for my Glock 23. No wear apparent in over a year.

Edited to add gun type..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top