Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2006 6:42:37 PM EDT
The below is an account of my experience with Fobus holsters. This may not be everyone's experience. The names have been changed to protect the guilty and innocent alike.

December 2005
Purchased Fobus Roto Paddle Holster from online vendor. Vendor's site stated the holster was for SIG 226/239/etc.. After trying the holster with the 239, I then tried it with the 226. The 226 rattled loosely in the holster.

I sent an email to Fobus to verify that this was in fact a defect, as I wouldn't expect the pistol to rattle such.

December 26, 2005 - received the following response.

Sir,
Thank you for your input. I am confused though, you are using an SG21 with a
Sig 239? This holster was designed for use with the 226 not the 239. I would
e happy to arrange an exchange.

Thank You

I sent an email to the online vendor letting them know that they had this product advertised incorrectly. I never received a response.

January 1, 2006, I replied to Fobus to clarify the issue. I wanted a holster that worked with both and needed to know which holster to get.

January 14, 2006, I received this response from Fobus.

If you have not resolved this issue by now please contact
[email protected]
Thank You

I sent at least two emails to that individual.

January 28th, not having received a reply, I sent another message to their general support email.

On February 20th, I received a response from INDIVIDUAL2.

Mr. BLINKY,
I am sorry and I can only promise to try to rectify your problem. Please let
me know what I can do.

I responded to this email the same day and never received a response. I followed up with a voicemail to INDIVIDUAL2, but no response from that either.

March 3, 2006, I sent another email stating that I have sent emails and left voicemails, but still no response.

March 8, 2006, I sent an email expressing my complete dissatisfaction and disappointment in the customer service of both sides. I informed them that I would relay my experience to every gun forum I was a member of and that I would never purchas a Fobus product.

Admittedly, I was a little premature with the online vendor inclusion, as I had only sent them one email. This is why they remain anonymous in this post.

The online vendor called me the next day and listened very politely to my story. They asked for the names of the individuals at Fobus and would assist in providing resolution.

Within two days, both INDIVIDUAL1 and INDIVIDUAL2 replied to my "disappointment" email.

First, came this email from INDIVIDUAL1...

Dear BLINKY,

First I want to apologize for our shortcomings in not addressing this issue
earlier. I am sorry that you were not given the customer service that we do
pride ourselves on here at Fobus.

I believe that you were given incorrect information regarding the SG21
holster. It does not work with the Sig 239 properly and we do not advertise
it as such. Our policy is "lifetime warranty" and if you would still be
interested, I would be happy to exchange the holster for a new one that will
fit your Sig 226. All you need to do is send me your address information and
send the loose one back to us for exchange. Additionally, we have a holster
in production for the Sig 239. This should be a perfect fit for your Sig

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do for you.

Thank you,

Then two days later this one from INDIVIDUAL2...

Mr. BLINKY,

I am sorry again for all the inconvenience you have had dealing with both our
companies. Again I would like to extend to you the offer of exchanging your
holster for something else in our line. I can not refund your money as you
did not purchase the holster from Fobus. Please understand that this is not
the way we normally do business. Again I am sorry.

Thank You

The problem is that in this time period I have purchased holsters that work with my pistols and have no need for this holster, so an exchange does me no good.

Additionally, it would cost me more money to ship the holster back for an exchange just to have the original workable holster that I purchased.

I'm still trying to see if I can return them for credit at the online vendor, but I haven't received any replies from them since the first one. So, there may be an update to this story in the future.

I'll leave it up to you. I'm not asking anyone to not purchase from Fobus. However, I think you should be aware before you do. There are many other companies out there that produce similar products, and in my mind, superior products. They may cost you more, but you get what you pay for, trust me.

I have been completely satisfied with all the holsters I have purchased from individual or small manufacturers.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:03:16 PM EDT
[#1]

They may cost you more, but you get what you pay for, trust me.

Lesson learned, for $20 I say just move on.

Put the holster on the EE.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top