Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2006 9:28:23 PM EDT
Any body here got one?  What is your impression of it?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:32:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I mainly got it for the neato factor but to answer your question:
low recoil so it's easier to get back on target
accurate
20 rounds and the mag fits flush, cool!
surprisingly clean after a long range session
the little safety and take down levers are pretty cheesy
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:12:34 PM EDT
[#2]
the ammo price is enough to keep me away
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:52:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Now that Fiocchi is making the ammo, prices should go down, although one box of their current SS197 still costs around $20, just like FN's SS195 and SS196.  There are also rumors that Wolf will be making it, but because their lacquer or polymer coating has managed to gum up even my G19, I shudder to think of what it'll do to the more finicky 5-7.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:22:14 PM EDT
[#4]
More finicky??? The five seven is very reliable...bottleneck cartridge,with a magazine that aligns the cartridge directly with the chamber...there is no feed ramp at all......there is no finicky to them.
and the 5.7x28mm is a laquer coated cartridge allready. while there may be a debate over its stopping power, there is no debate that they go bang everytime. mine has over 2000 rounds through it with 0 malfunctions of any kind......I know of one that has had over 37000 rounds put through it and its just now on a replacement barrel.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:13:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Perhaps you're correct, but I get the impression of a tighter fit and closer tolerances than with some other handguns.  Unlike Wolf, the FN lacquer doesn't seem to get all over and gum up the works.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:08:21 AM EDT
[#6]
and yes I too have heard that some wolf pistol ammo is caca...the .45acp gives a fair amount of trouble..but they are making changes and have the new brass cased line as well as the steel.
I use wolf in my comblock types and I get duds on occasion...but havent had a laquer problem so far with the rifles(but they were made to shoot them)....They are going to have to follow OEM pretty close if they want folks to use it in 5.7 for very long.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:17:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Try this: www.fivesevenforum.com.  Everything you need.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:13:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I just got a bunch of the newer SS197 from Wholesale Hunter for $17.00 per box of 50.  I use it for practice and it chronos at higher velocities than the SS196 which means it has the same point of impact as the SS192 (still have 500 rounds of SS192) which I use for CCW.  Here is a picture on my Five-seveN in my bug-out kit.

MadDog
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top