Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2012 3:09:55 PM EDT
The thumb safety is slightly too big to fit into the RIA 1911 tac, specifically where it goes into the gun and through the beavertail. I've got some ideas on how to machine it down, but what are your suggestions?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:28:52 PM EDT
[#1]
This... I need to know as well.
I have a Wilson safety to replace
the ambi on a TRP
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:36:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Get the sand paper and start going to town. Working for me right now.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:59:49 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT7F6UkZnZ4

I admit I haven't watched the complete video.......
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:41:54 PM EDT
[#4]
That link didn't work for me.

I got it to where it would fit, but I guess I'll have to have a Smith make it so it will actually work in the gun. I think it needs filed where it works with the internals of the gun. Shux...
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:54:20 PM EDT
[#5]
There are several spots that may need to be filed to fit and work correctly and positively. If you've never done it before, I'd suggest taking it to a smith. I've installed many 1911s parts but it's something that can only be done in person, not something I can tell you to do over the internet since it's different for every part/1911.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top