Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2012 6:00:14 PM EDT
Gents,

I was familiar with Sigs from being issued the 228 for duty use in the past but never owned one.   Well, I just picked up my new P6 (to dark to take pics, but I'll have them up tomorrow) and I want to change that 28lb hammer spring to either 24 (225 oem) or 22.   I'm thinking 22 because I've heard of light strikes with anything lighter.  

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:23:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm a sig armorer and Sig collector. I have replaced my P225 springs with reduced weight sets and had no problems with light primer strikes. Give the 22 pounder a try, They are cheap and easy to replace if you don't like it. I think the improvement in the trigger pull will be worth it.

Just my dos centavos...
-Tac
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 8:42:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll double check, but I want to say I switched to a 19lb spring and I've had nothing but good luck with the limited rounds I've put through. I bought a p225 montage suisse which has a miserable trigger pull much like your p6 (if not the same), I mean so stiff that I'd rather shoot two j-frames at the same time with one finger over that damn thing. Now it is much more tolerable and much easier to shoot well off the DA shot. Changing the spring can be a little tricky, just be patient, it's well worth it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top