Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2003 5:23:41 PM EDT
I just picked up a Firestorm .45 Government today for $200 used. I had never heard of Firestorm before but for the price I really wasn't concerned especially when the dealer said he would guarantee its performance and quality. So anyway, does anyone else have one of these? Anyone know anything about their reputation?
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 5:42:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't seen any NIB ones in several years so I don't know if they're still being made or not?

I've sold several of them, their owners seemed to like them. I'd say their quality was above Llama, similiar to the old Auto Ordnance.

You did ok, IMO, but I wouldn't necessarily use it for anything other than a range gun.

My .o2
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 4:37:58 AM EDT
[#2]
lordweji,
"GunTests" magazine did a review of the Firestorm 1911, last year I think.  They really hated it.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 5:46:40 AM EDT
[#3]
If you think a Llama is quality you will like the Firestorm.

If you know your guns you will see that the Firestorm is a second rate POS that is crudely made from cheap materials.

That is the truth and it may not be what you wanted to know but I am not a liberal. I believe in the truth no matter who it offends.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 9:38:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Coolio and cornbread2: I asked a question and wanted actual feedback and opinions, thanks for letting me know.

I don't plan to use it for anything other than a range gun, and even then it probably won't make there too often. If I wanted a serious .45 I would have dropped an extra $300 and picked up the Springfield that was sitting right next to it. I wasn't even shopping for a .45 at the time, but for the price I thought what the hell...
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 2:16:13 AM EDT
[#5]
My friend has 2 firestorms, and I've handled and shot both several times.

Finish isn't Kimber by any means, but they function all the time, go bang with about every ammo there is and still retain adequate accuracy. Good bang-for-buck.

Sorry to go against the grain but since I have actual experience I figured it would be better than the conjecture the authoritarians hurl so boldly.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 4:48:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I would never post an opinion about a pistol that I did not have experience with.

I know better than buy a POS like a Firestorm because I know enough about firearms to know the difference between a POS and a quality piece.

I seldom have to learn the hard way. I have been shooting and smithing on 1911s long before a lot of you were even born.

My experience with the Firestorm comes from the ones a local dealer has sold. Most brought them back and I had to fix the damn things.

Once you take one apart and know what you are looking at it is easy to see just what kind of quality they are.

You may know of a few that works but that does not make them so good. A High Point works but they are still junk.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top