[#1]
Have you considered a glock 30?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:37:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:24:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:31:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I'm somewhat smaller than you so instead of an Ultra-Carry you may want to consider a Pro-Carry but here's what I've been carrying for the last 10 or so years:

Now, I don't carry all of that all the time but I do carry some of it all the time.  It all depends on where I'm going, what I plan to do when I get there and how long I intend to stay.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:12:57 PM EDT
[#5]
whatever you decide on, carry it in a Milt Sparks.  Definately worth the investment.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:51:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:03:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
whatever you decide on, carry it in a Milt Sparks.  Definately worth the investment.

Those look pretty nice.   What sort of dress do you guys use when you carry?  I'm a shorts/jeans and t-shirt (untucked) kind of guy since forever.  Am I going to have to start wearing an undershirt to keep it from bothering me all day?

i wear a t-shirt under my untucked shirt.  i do find it uncomfortable w/ a IWB holster w/out one.  it doesn't get quite as hot here in OR for me as you have it i would imagine.
my best luck w/ IWB so far is w/ a kramer (very good results w/ a sig 220).  i'm waiting on a milt sparks though, so i'm anxiously awaiting the back order time.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:01:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I started out on a Glock and have been shooting them for years, so I'm going to stick with that platform.

I'd have to shoot a G30 to see how well it fits in my hand.  Based on the pictures on Glock's site, I'd need a grip extension on it to be able to get a good grip on it.

I'm 6'3", 225 and have large hands...the G30 with a 10 round mag is just fine.  I have a VMll holster.  Go to a gun shop & handle the G30 before you rule it out!!

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:07:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I wear a tanktop (wifebeater if you will) under an untucked buttonup type shirt, and use an IWB holster.  works with a tshirt over it most of the time as well.  I am 6', 185, carry a P228.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:21:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I am 5' 8 " 180lbs and carry a XD40 service in a C-Tac holster over the right kidney. I wear jeans or jean shorts with a T shirt untucked over top and a wife beater underneath.  I also carry a Surefire Z2 in a belt holster on the left hip a Gerber EZ-Out folder cliped inside the small right front pocket and my spare mag base plate up in the front left pocket .

If I may, try to carry your gear in a consistent manner. This tends to make things automatic when reaching for something in a stessfull situation. Trust me on this one been there twice.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:00:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 12:24:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:16:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Very nice.  I haven't met a glock I didn't like yet.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top