Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 8/28/2005 8:27:47 PM EDT
Thanks for all the info recently fellas - picked up the new addition Saturday and 4 extra mags....

Thread protector - searched the site and cant find a thread on the subject - are there factory HK thread protectors like those on the 9mm tac.? Or where can I find one?

It was not supposed to come with one correct?

And last - USP .45 owners tac. or other - do the factory HK mags not have an HK logo? Want to make sure I didn't get a "switch a roo" on me.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:41:38 PM EDT
if you mean on the bottom i got a hk 15 for my 9 and it doesnt have hk on the bottom, nice and smooth

id say gunbroker for a thread protector if you didnt het one
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:38:10 AM EDT
Thanks Skipa- just Hk anywhere on the mags - thought they would have labeled them somehow.

On the thread protector - i would think they would ship one with the .45 but I am not sure.

Anybody know?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:30:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SamColt:
On the thread protector - i would think they would ship one with the .45 but I am not sure.

Anybody know?

No, they don't give you one.

Here:

I think my mags say HK on them but I will look when I get home from work... if I remember that is...
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:59:43 PM EDT
What capacity mags did you get?

My 10 rd mags have "HK" on the bottom of the plastic floorplate and ".45 pat pending" stamped on the side of the mag very close to the bottom. My 12 rd mags (with extended floorplates) have the restricted markings. They also have "HK USP .45) on the floorplate bottoms.

I have a USP and a Tac.

Did you buy yours over the counter? All come in a Eagle Industries soft case? What kind of packaging did your extra mags come in? Did you pay extra for the extra mags?

Here is a little known fact: Your HK left the factory with three mags. Most dealers fleece one of the mags so the buyer only gets two. (But that nice dealer "has a few extra mags just laying around that he supposes he could part with for a small fee")
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:16:38 AM EDT
Oh, I did look and mine say HK on them too

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:48:53 AM EDT
The ten rounders say HK on the bottom, and no the Tacticals do not come with thread protectors.

How can you post a thread about your new Tac and not post pics!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:21:42 PM EDT
Guys - I'm really getting concerned now.

Over the counter is correct - brand new from a large gunshop in Raleigh.

The TAC came with 2 mags - both 12 rounders that do not have "Hk" anywher on them. They have the zig zag joint running up the side and do NOT have the LE Only statement on them.

The 4 extra mags look identical to the 2 that were sold with it. all 12 rounders and the cost was $49.95. The packaging was in a small plastic bag with a sticker on the outside. "HK USP .45 TAC, Elite, etc 12 rds"

i asked the salesperson if they were HK mags and he said "well they match the mags that came with the gun so i'm guessing they are genuine Hk."

Look - this thing is a shooter - if they work they work. I hope y'all know it's just a principal thing - and the 3 mags from the factory fact above really fuels all my concerns of this industry.

SC

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:10:01 PM EDT
I wish I had a way to post pics.

Although my Tac is a '03, the mag markings are 10-94. Strange. I looked at a brand new '05 Tac the other day. The 12 rders did not have any restricted markings on them. I did not notice if there was "HK" stamped anywhere on the mag or floorplate.

Am I to assume that it was $49.95 per extra mag? The zig zag you speak of looks more like the ends of a jigsaw puzzle to me. Could the packaging for the mags have been opened at one point?

The "they match the mags that came with the gun" statment bothers me in itself. Regardless of the origion of the mags, one would think that while selling a handgun with a MSRP of $1100 they would know a bit more about it.

This goes beyond a "principle thing". The aftermarket mags are junk. Total shit. The real HK ones are not. This is why the real mags are so damn expensive.

I'm not trying to make you panic or to imply that you got screwed. We're just going to make for damn sure you got exactly what you paid for.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:35:41 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:15:30 AM EDT
newbe thanks for the help - yes 49.95 per additional magazine

Thats all I want - what I paid for

ikor - maybe we are getting closer

do your 12 rd mags, not restricted marked, 2 - 12 rd witness holes, jig saw pattern weld with HK marked on the floor plate.

Do you have the extended floor plate that come with the TAC or the standard USP floorplate that comes with the USP?

Perhaps the extended floor plates I have that are not marked Hk are aftermarket that Hk buys from somewhere to make the standard magazine the Tac magazine?

Anybody going to a gun shop anytime soon that mighyt be able to look at the mags that come with the Tac?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:44:47 PM EDT
Can't make a standard USP mag into a hi cap Tac mag. It goes beyond changing the floorplates. The mag bodies are different to keep people from converting their mags to hi cap during the AWB (no more than 10 rds).

I'll go out to the Scheels store after work (6 PM) and get a better look at the Tac mags. Will report soon after
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:30:21 PM EDT
Thanks newbe - anthing to go to the funshop....

seriously - I really appreciate the help
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:18:08 PM EDT
Looked at some new Tac mags:

There is the ".45" stamped in the steel mag body right above the floorplate (left side of mag as inserted into the magwell.) "HK .45" on the bottom of the floorplate.

I'd hate to be the first person to push the panic button but, "I think you got screwed". Now, with that statment being said, I will also say that I can not be for certain because I do not have a picture of your mags to look at. Hence the word, "think".

What I would do: Return to the place of purchase. Inform proper individuals that of all the people you have spoken with, they state that there should be specific markings on the mags and floorplates of genuine HK products. (There are HK markings on the handgun, right?) Without these markings, the only conclusion that you can come to is that the mags you have are not genuine HK products. Respectfully but firmly insist that the mags be replaced with ones with the genuine HK markings or they may refund you the price of your Tac + mags. 100% refund.

You may also email HK and ask them if all their mags and floorplates are marked. If the answer is "yes" then you may use that information also to aquire the proper mags.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:42:19 PM EDT
fucking hell

newbe, thank you sir

I am going to post another thread in the handgun forum to see if anybody has purchased a Tac with the magazines that I got.

Did you notice if the mags you looked at hd the law enforcement statement on them?

fucking jerks - i think you are absolutely right. My gut told me something was wrong....

Thank you again newbe

I'll let you know how it goes

SC

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:03:13 AM EDT
The Tac mags that I looked at did not have any LEO markings on them.

I think that emailing HK and explaining the situation would be a smart thing to do. They should give you an answer to verify any doubts about the source of the mags.

Another nail in the coffin would be to purchase a 12 rd HK mag from a reputable dealer so you can compare it to the ones you got. You can never have to many mags.

Most places around here I have shopped for guns know nothing about them. Usually the sales person learns when we talk guns. Especially HK. I'm not an armoror by any means, but these people don't even know what polygonal rifling means. How the hell can you expect to sell someone a $1000+ handgun and leave out some of the strongest features. Morons.

The guy you got your Tac from was either a deciving little bastard who ripped you off, or an idiot. Make sure you got all your information straight, from all the correct sources, and then make your approch. Then let us know which one it is.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:34:56 AM EDT
To wrap things up

Got a reply from Hk.

I basically asked if Hk pistols came with 2 or 3 mags from the factory and if all Hk mags had an Hk logo.

Their full of detail reply was as follows:

"HK USP Pistols are sold with two magazines. HK magazines may not have “HK” stamped on the floor plate."

They didn't say anywher on the magazine - they just said on the floor plate - but you know what - I'm going to let it go. BigBore gave me some first hand info that substantiates their reply.

Newbe - thanks for the leg work - appreciate it.

SC

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:04:10 PM EDT
No problem.

BigBore knows about as much about Hk's as HK does. Maybe even a little more.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:22:36 AM EDT
Cal's Sporting Armory has HK factory thread protectors for $25.20. I've ordered a ton of HK accessories from Cal's and have always had a great experience.
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top