Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/30/2005 10:57:58 AM EDT
I've got a ruger p95 and recently it's been jamming a LOT.

Sometimes it'll be doublefeeds, sometimes it'll be brass stuck in the slide that wasnt ejected fully, and i dont know if this is related or not, but sometimes the slide wont stay open after the last round is fired.

The REALLY strange thing about it is that it happens most often when people who arent experienced shooters are using the gun. It still happens to me, but with other people it'll literally happen every round they fire, to the point where it's actually easier to load every round by hand into the chamber than let the magazine feed it.

Any idea what this might be?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:37:02 AM EDT
sounds like a limp wristing problem.

If it's used, you might replace the buffer spring and polish the feed ramp. Check the springs in the mags as well.

TXL
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:47:36 AM EDT
The buffer spring is on the rod under the barrel right?

and yes, the gun is used, but it's only started doing this recently. I'm wondering if it might be a problem with the extractor too because it doesn seem to be throwing the brass very far. On my SKS it'll throw the brass easily 10 feet to the right of the gun. The ruger is lucky if the brass flys out a foot.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:12:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Booshanky:
The buffer spring is on the rod under the barrel right?

and yes, the gun is used, but it's only started doing this recently. I'm wondering if it might be a problem with the extractor too because it doesn seem to be throwing the brass very far. On my SKS it'll throw the brass easily 10 feet to the right of the gun. The ruger is lucky if the brass flys out a foot.

that does sound like extractor probs. It could have carbon built up in it. You can take it apart to fiz, but it is a pain. No prob if you have some mechanical ability.

And yes, the buffer spring is on the rod under the barrel.

TXL
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:03:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/22/2005 6:15:49 PM EDT by Booshanky]
Ok, i cleaned the hell out of it and took it to the range, it still did it. Not while i was shooting it, but while a friend was shooting it. So i took a picture of the jam.

Anyone know what causes a jam like that?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:08:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/22/2005 6:08:18 PM EDT by Booshanky]
Double post.
Top Top