Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2002 12:36:53 PM EDT
Which do you favor?  The period 1900-1919 Imperial Lugers?  Or 1919-1933 Weimar Era Lugers
or 1933-1945 WWII Era Lugers?
I think the Imperial Lugers are my favorite, the early DWMs were so nicely finished, Artillery Models fell into this era as did the Navy Models.  You have dished toggled variations, fat barrels, cartridge counters, some beautiful Swiss Lugers, Some very nice Commercial and Contract Lugers.  ~Thor~
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:39:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Imperial for sure. Nothing like a Unit Marked, Erfurt or DWM to get me excited. Also love the history and allure of the common date 1920 Commercial in great shape!

Tim
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 10:33:52 PM EDT
[#2]
My favorites for pure aesthetics would have to be the early dished toggle beauties.
Something about the proportions of the pistol and the feel of those nicely shaped toggles just floats my boat.
For function, nothing beats my WW2 guns though, and like the Imperial unit marked ones, they all seem to have a story to tell.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top