Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2009 12:42:54 PM EDT
Hi all - due to some financial issues (child support, etc etc) I have been forced to sell off most of my rifles this year and now I am faced with having to sell my two SIG p228 pistols.  It's been a while since I have paid attention to SIG pricings and wanted to ask any advice before I try to sell.

One is in really good condition - West German, black, fairly new night sites, hogue grips AND original grips, with box & 2 mags.  It functions fine, has a smooth trigger and is very accurate. Not sure of round count as I bought it used.  I've put maybe 2k through it.

The other is in great condition - West German, factory 2-tone (black & nickel), fairly new night sites, with box & 2 mags.  It functions fine, has a smooth trigger and is very accurate. Not sure of round count as I bought it used.  I've put maybe 2k through it.

Also I have a bunch of factory & Mec-Gar mags for them - any idea what they are going for now on the used market?

Any help appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:23:28 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Hi all - due to some financial issues (child support, etc etc) I have been forced to sell off most of my rifles this year and now I am faced with having to sell my two SIG p228 pistols.  It's been a while since I have paid attention to SIG pricings and wanted to ask any advice before I try to sell.

One is in really good condition - West German, black, fairly new night sites, hogue grips AND original grips, with box & 2 mags.  It functions fine, has a smooth trigger and is very accurate. Not sure of round count as I bought it used.  I've put maybe 2k through it.

The other is in great condition - West German, factory 2-tone (black & nickel), fairly new night sites, with box & 2 mags.  It functions fine, has a smooth trigger and is very accurate. Not sure of round count as I bought it used.  I've put maybe 2k through it.

Also I have a bunch of factory & Mec-Gar mags for them - any idea what they are going for now on the used market?

Any help appreciated.

IMO...

The all black one is probably worth mid 500's and the two tone is probably worth high 500's to low 600's for a face to face sale.  That being said, wanting to sell and needing to sell changes the price a bit.  If you price them too high and they will sit for an enternity, price them too low and you cheat yourself out of some cash.

For reference, Topgun Supply was selling used ones in fair, good, and very good condition from $440 to $499 without night sights and they are out of stock. http://www.topgunsupply.com/handguns-sig-sauer_p228/

The 228's are fairly desirable as far as Sigs go because ALOT of people consider them to be one of the best models that Sig has produced and is not producing any more.  If you price them fairly you should not have any trouble selling them at all.  

{REMOVED} - SGB  

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:55:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the help! I was having a hard time finding any for sale to figure pricing. I just listed one but will have to wait for pics of the other.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top