Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2007 8:03:51 AM EDT
I want to replace the shot out barrel in my Springfield 1911 A1 and cant find one anywhere.  The barrel in it right now is ramped (feed ramp is attached to barrel), unlike most 1911s.  Did it come that way from the factory?  I want to avoid using an aftermarket barrel if possible.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:19:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:29:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Springfield did in fact use some ramped barrels in some of their models. It would help us if you told us which model you have (Mil-Spec? WW2?) in order to give you some better info.

I don't know why you avoid aftermarket bbls, as they're generally vastly superior to the 2-piece bbl SA uses in their lower grade 1911s.

I would hit Brownells for some bbl pricing options, but be prepared to spend around $150 for a top-notch brand such as Wilson or Nowlin.

My .o2    
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 3:13:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Where are you located? I have an excellent gunsmith in Houston if you're not up to doing your own work.
I agree w/going to Brownells. Have you tried Springfield?
I'm interested in which gun it's going in-probably a compact; they're the only ones that are ramped. Maybe a micro.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top