Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 10/8/2007 7:03:51 AM EST
I want to replace the shot out barrel in my Springfield 1911 A1 and cant find one anywhere. The barrel in it right now is ramped (feed ramp is attached to barrel), unlike most 1911s. Did it come that way from the factory? I want to avoid using an aftermarket barrel if possible.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:19:21 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:29:32 PM EST
Springfield did in fact use some ramped barrels in some of their models. It would help us if you told us which model you have (Mil-Spec? WW2?) in order to give you some better info.

I don't know why you avoid aftermarket bbls, as they're generally vastly superior to the 2-piece bbl SA uses in their lower grade 1911s.

I would hit Brownells for some bbl pricing options, but be prepared to spend around $150 for a top-notch brand such as Wilson or Nowlin.

My .o2
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 2:13:43 AM EST
Where are you located? I have an excellent gunsmith in Houston if you're not up to doing your own work.
I agree w/going to Brownells. Have you tried Springfield?
I'm interested in which gun it's going in-probably a compact; they're the only ones that are ramped. Maybe a micro.
Top Top