Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2010 4:50:19 PM EDT
anyone got any tips to help me get the bottom plate off my g22 mag so i can get a +2 on it????? its driving me nuts!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:00:46 PM EDT
[#1]
GTUL looks like the way to go, I don't have one yet but it's on my list http://www.mygtul.com/instructions.php
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:29:45 PM EDT
[#2]
You have to push the mag insert well up into the mag until it turns over. I use an Allen wrench, but the Glock tool would be as good, or better.

In any case, insert an Allen wrench or something similar, through the hole in the floorplate and push the insert WELL UP into the mag.  It will turn over in there and will no longer be visible. Then just slide the floorplate off.

If that is still too difficult, take a pair of pliers, pad the bottom of the mag, and squeeze the sides in gently, THEN slide the floorplate off. I just did one today...it was very easy using this method.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:33:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Brute force/strength.  Insert a punch all the way to disengage the "button".  Then use a "push/pull" movement.  Push the mag body away with one hand while pulling the punch towards you.

Quoted:

anyone got any tips to help me get the bottom plate off my g22 mag so i can get a +2 on it????? its driving me nuts!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:59:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Or put the magazine in a padded vice, put a bit of pressure on the sides of the magazine,
and after pushing the button/plate down with the armorers' tool or similar, slide the floorplate off.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:06:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Why do so many people have such a hard time with these?
Stick a punch in the bottom just enough to disengage the magazine insert button while pushing the back corner of the baseplate down against a hard square edged surface .You have to make sure just the thin rear baseplate lip is having the force applied to it and not the mag body.Its so easy a caveman could do it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:08:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Put the front of the magazine down on a phone book with the baseplate hanging just enough to allow it to slide down.

Stick a punch in there, choke up on it, put your support hand on the back of the mag to steady it, and put your weight into the punch.  The baseplate will pop slightly forward, then you can slide it right off no problem.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top