Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2006 7:05:09 PM EDT
I did this segment for the Police Officers Safety Association and I thought you folks might be interested in it.

6 mins, 47 meg.

let me know what you think

http://armedresponsetraining.com/pocket_carry.mpg.zip

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:55:10 PM EDT
[#1]
good info
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:38:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Getting corrupt file error message....

T Bone (Detriot).
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:48:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Very well done, with concise, thorough explanations. Would be very informative for those who are considering, or new to pocket carry.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:45:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Got it to work this time. Good info there. A bit surprised you didn't touch on the wear to the pocket. Have you found a need to have the posckets lined, or frequently repaired?

On a related item, have you tried any of the variety of garments with integral pockets made specifically for pistol carry? (ie: Coronado Leather, or the various shirt and jeans manufacturers set up to carry).

T Bone (Detroit).

Edit: Re-reading my post, doesn't appear I conveyed that it was very cool of you to post this here for all of us to watch. Thanks for sharing this with us!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:11:30 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks everyone.

T-bone,

I have not had a problem with wear myself.  Had some pockets wear out but the pants were pretty worn out also.  Have you had problems?  Kinda the cost of doing business :)

While I thing corondado makes great products I am not a fan of vest carry because, for me, the vest moves around too much (esp if I have to run) and I want to know where the gun is at all times for fast access.  I also dont like the weght on my shoulders like that.  Could just be me.

I have yet to try the jeans (toters I think?) because an associate told me that they wear out fast and its difficult to get a big gun like a j-frame in them.  After hearing that I was not real interested in spending that kind of money.  Have you tried them?

Im glad you appreciate the post.. tell your friends. I like constructive criticism
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:40:34 AM EDT
[#6]
tag
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:55:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I've not tried any of the various shirt/jeans makes, or Coronado leather. The latter intrigued me a bit, some decent jackets as well as vests. But then, if I'm gonna wear a jacket....

I used to pocket carry a Combat Commander in the inside pocket of a USGI MA1 jacket. It did wear on the pocket, but as you state, the jacket itself was wearing as well.

Also pocket carried a Glock or an American Derriger in the side pocket of an M-65 field jacket. It did wear fast, besides, not really secure enough (as you state, running, etc.). Either of these would have benefitted greatly from a pocket holster, which I didn't use.

Thanks again,

TBone (Detroit).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top