Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
6/25/2018 7:04:05 PM
Posted: 1/6/2018 9:46:55 PM EDT
The magazines on my FNX Tactical rattle when they are loaded. Is this just a fact with this pistol or what?
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 9:49:35 PM EDT
Must be yours as mine don't.
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 11:09:42 PM EDT
Are you trying to sneak up on people? Ninja?

Unload and reload. Happens to every brand. Tolerance stacking.
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 11:24:44 PM EDT
well I had bought a super secret squirrel ninja suit from acme but this gave it away.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 12:05:37 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bkssniper:
well I had bought a super secret squirrel ninja suit from acme but this gave it away.
View Quote
Damn. Usually it's the change in my pocket or my squeaky holster.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 7:11:28 PM EDT
I have noticed an occasional rattle from my regular FNX-45 mags. I never worried about it so long as the mags feed reliably.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 7:31:43 PM EDT
all of mine have a slight rattle.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 5:09:11 PM EDT
I have the older FNP but one or two of mine were rattling. Well decided I'd take a few apart as I was going to be bringing it on a trip and wanted no issues.....one of the springs was in backwards so I flipped it around and now I haven't noticed a rattle from it since. I've never cleaned these mags in all the years I've had it and have probably close to 7-8K rounds through it so that was a factory mistake. Might take a look at yours.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 7:49:33 PM EDT
All the mags for my FNX 45 tactical rattle when loaded. Its not loud nor does it bother me.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 11:38:10 PM EDT
A few years back I was taught a little trick for double stack mags to eliminate rattle. (All manufactures have them.) I hate having a loaded spare mag that rattles, it is like nails on a chalk board to me. My Bump in the night stick (FNX-45T) Seems to be one of the worst ones for rattle too.

Load to full, tap the bottom of the mag against your thigh with your thumb on the top of the mag. Then rub your thumb across the mag spinning the top round (it also spins the rounds down lower in the magazine as well.) Insert in to firearm. If it still rattles repeat. If after a few times try a separate mag.

Sometimes you have to fiddle with them.
Page Handguns » FN
Top Top