Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 2/10/2012 10:31:42 AM EDT
Has anybody else here had issues with their mags?  I've got a FNP-45 Tactical, and had some troubles loading to capacity and with the mag locking the slide after the last round.  When I got home, I dicovered the follower had tilted over in the mag body.  I disassembled the mag and cleaned it, and I hope that solves the issue.  Is there a history of this?  Seems kinda sketchy to rely on this weapon for anything other than a range toy with mags like this.
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 10:41:15 AM EDT
[#1]
The mag springs are pretty hardcore. I had a hard time getting them fully loaded at first, but after loading them a few times, they are a lot easier.

I've never had any issue with the slide not locking back. If it always does that with one particular magazine, I would contact FN. I'm sure they'll swap it out.

Az
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 12:12:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Mope, never had the issue you described. The ONLY issue I had was several FTE's with WWB, but other than that the pistol has been flawless.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 6:49:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Has anybody else here had issues with their mags?  I've got a FNP-45 Tactical, and had some troubles loading to capacity and with the mag locking the slide after the last round.  When I got home, I dicovered the follower had tilted over in the mag body.  I disassembled the mag and cleaned it, and I hope that solves the issue.  Is there a history of this?  Seems kinda sketchy to rely on this weapon for anything other than a range toy with mags like this.

If you had a membership you could find the posts where I diagnose this about 18mo ago with pictures of the followers and pictures of a mag itself jammed outside the gun.  Known problem.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 7:30:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Has anybody else here had issues with their mags? I've got a FNP-45 Tactical, and had some troubles loading to capacity and with the mag locking the slide after the last round. When I got home, I dicovered the follower had tilted over in the mag body. I disassembled the mag and cleaned it, and I hope that solves the issue. Is there a history of this? Seems kinda sketchy to rely on this weapon for anything other than a range toy with mags like this.

If you had a membership you could find the posts where I diagnose this about 18mo ago with pictures of the followers and pictures of a mag itself jammed outside the gun. Known problem.

They offered updated mag followers right?

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:36:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Has anybody else here had issues with their mags? I've got a FNP-45 Tactical, and had some troubles loading to capacity and with the mag locking the slide after the last round. When I got home, I dicovered the follower had tilted over in the mag body. I disassembled the mag and cleaned it, and I hope that solves the issue. Is there a history of this? Seems kinda sketchy to rely on this weapon for anything other than a range toy with mags like this.

If you had a membership you could find the posts where I diagnose this about 18mo ago with pictures of the followers and pictures of a mag itself jammed outside the gun. Known problem.

They offered updated mag followers right?

They offered "updated mags", but didn't tell me on the phone what their update was.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top