Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/22/2008 5:25:35 AM EST
I bought an FNP 40 on sale for 425 at sportsmans a few months back, and over time, I started to notice a rattling noise coming from the gun. I isolated the sound to the magazine. It seems that when I have an even number of rounds in the mag, it makes a loud rattling noise when shaken, but an odd number of rounds produces no such effect. I tried a different brand of ammo, and it made no difference. Anyone else had this problem?
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 5:46:05 AM EST

Originally Posted By FC_Eloy:
I bought an FNP 40 on sale for 425 at sportsmans a few months back, and over time, I started to notice a rattling noise coming from the gun. I isolated the sound to the magazine. It seems that when I have an even number of rounds in the mag, it makes a loud rattling noise when shaken, but an odd number of rounds produces no such effect. I tried a different brand of ammo, and it made no difference. Anyone else had this problem?

don't worry about it, it's not actually a problem.

if you check a little harder, i'd be willing to bet that MOST magazines you have for any of your weapons will rattle with the right number of rounds in them.

Link Posted: 1/22/2008 8:38:46 AM EST
All of the magazines or just one?
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 3:16:21 PM EST
Common with many different hi caps. Normal.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 5:24:00 AM EST
Ok, so its normal. Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 11:08:34 AM EST
Yes - my Beretta PX4 mags do this, and my P99 with the Walther mags rattle - but if I use the SW99 mags, they do not rattle.

It's a tiny bit irritating - but it doesn't affect the reliability of the mag at all.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 12:21:21 PM EST
Stop shaking your gun and shoot it
Top Top