Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
6/25/2018 7:04:05 PM
Posted: 7/23/2018 11:18:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/3/2018 11:32:49 AM EDT by Bat_Masterson]
I want to compare notes regarding an issue that I immediately noted with the magazine fit. When a loaded magazine is in the pistol, it is so loose that you can hear it flop to the side when the pistol is tipped to the side. I have owned many pistols, and this is the sloppiest magazine fit that I have ever seen. It is the magazine body, not the rounds in the magazine.

Fellow 509 owners: Do your magazines flop around in the pistol's

UPDATE:
FN is stating that it is within specifications, no repair needed.

Link Posted: 7/25/2018 2:41:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Bat_Masterson:
I want to compare notes regarding an issue that I immediately noted with the magazine fit. When a loaded magazine is in the pistol, it is so loose that you can hear it flop to the side when the pistol is tipped to the side. I have owned many pistols, and this is the sloppiest magazine fit that I have ever seen. It is the magazine body, not the rounds in the magazine.

Fellow 509 owners: Do your magazines flop around in the pistol's magwell?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HethXNRPEmM
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 2:41:48 PM EDT
Now with video
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 5:25:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/26/2018 5:32:49 PM EDT by ScoutH57]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Now with video
View Quote
I just checked mine for you, nope. Is it just the one mag or all of them? Mine was fully loaded with 124 HSTs just fyi. I shook the bejesus out of it. Moves a little of course but I can't hear it like in yours.

I had an M&P 2.0 I had to send back to Smith and Wesson because the frame was too tight, most mags would have to be forced in and out. Maybe its a wee bit loose from the molding process.

I've had M&Ps 1.0s and Glocks that have noticeable play but you can't hear the plastic glock mags rattlin.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 5:32:52 PM EDT
I have several magazines and they all do it. FN sent ma a shipping label, so it's going back.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 5:34:09 PM EDT
I have several magazines and they all do it. FN sent ma a shipping label, so it's going back.
View Quote
Cool, I bet they have to replace the whole frame
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 5:40:18 PM EDT
Is that what S&W did?
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 5:46:56 PM EDT
Is that what S&W did?
View Quote
Sure did. First they sent me a new batch of mags to try to makes sure it wasn't the 2 that came with it. No luck then the sent me an RMA they got inspected it and then called and asked for an FFL so they could send me completely new frame.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 11:33:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/4/2018 11:18:11 AM EDT by Bat_Masterson]
UPDATE: FN determined it is within spec and requires no repair.
Page Handguns » FN
Top Top