Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2005 5:53:58 AM EDT
so, i've got this pistol here with me that reads.  "FI Ind.  Washington DC"   it's a .380, semi auto, small, thin, blued.  Dad says he bought it back in the 70's  ( had ammo from that time frame for it too,  YIPES!)  It's in great condition, shoots ok, doesn't extract sometimes.  Does anyone know of these pistols?  a price range?  interchangable parts?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:35:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I think it means Firearms International, which had something to do with the AMT Back Ups. Which were commonly .380s. But I am not positive on that hopefully someone more knowledgeable will come along. I think High Standard absorbed Firearms Internation or vice versa. If it is an AMT Back Up, my cousin carried one as back up way back when as a patrolman. Still carries it as back up now as a chief. Supposed to be really good little .380s
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:36:51 AM EDT
[#2]
not sure about the AMT part,  it needs a little work to be reliable.  it is indeed a nice little breech locking gun.  i also tossed this into the general hand gun forum and got a answer back from BillyBanker who gave me the price of around 175-200.  thanks for you help
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:02:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I beleive the company was later bought by Iver Johnson. I just got the same pistol and I like it. I havn't fired it yet, but i hope I dont change my mind after I do
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top