Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 5/20/2003 5:04:57 PM EDT
Well is it a good or bad idea? The trigger isn't too bad at the one I looked at and it is nice and light. I know where to get the ammo so thats not a problem but is it reliable? I am more worried about reliability than accuracy. I figure CCW is mainly about close in last defense situations.
Thanks all.
PS, Anyone remember the Ramline Exactor? I just picked one up today for 100 bucks. The funny part is I think this might be the very one I bought many many years ago and sold off, if it is then wow...
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 5:48:55 AM EDT
I carried one for years. Never had a problem with reliability, but to put yourself at ease, always put a few hundred rounds through it before you carry it. This not only verifies the ammo will work, but will test the reliability of the magazines.

As for accuracy...ain't bad at 50' or less. If you can consistently get 4-6" groups at 50' then it is accurate enough for CCW.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:51:32 PM EDT
Neilfj, Thanks, I appreciate the reply. BTW, did you use FMJ or hollow point type ammo? Any suggestions on what would work best?
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:53:51 PM EDT
Speer Gold Dot Hollow Points.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:17:36 PM EDT
Mine is very reliable, it does seem quite dense compared to my polymer pistols.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:02:51 PM EDT
Thanks guys, I went ahead and bought one. I should be able to pick it up next friday after the freaking sheriff takes his seven days to process my application to buy the darn thing.

Now for a minor rant....
Every time I want to buy a pistol I have to do this damn seven day wait and of course the ten dollar fee. Is it for a "cooling off" period? I already have more freaking guns than I could ever possibly need. Personally I think the sheriff dept. just wants its cut of the action, a whole ten bucks.
Ok, rant is finished.
GaryM
Top Top