Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2006 5:10:59 PM EDT
Hi all, A friend who knows little about guns (not that I'm a goru) asked me about what auto he could get for cheap. I first told him about Mak's. I just saw on the cover of the Shotgun News an add offering a FEG PA63 for $140. It looks like a Walther PPK with a Mak slide. The info I found on says its a Hungarian police gun. Acuracy and trigger are said to be OK at best but is said to be reliable. Parts for it seem plenty available from wolff and Makarov.com. Any other info would be helpful. Thanks.hug.gif
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:58:31 PM EDT
[#1]
From my post on 03-14:

For the money they make a nice little pocket pistol -- I have one.

Double-action pull can be a little heavy, but can fix that with a hammer spring for a Walther PP from Wolff Spring Co. -- about $5.00.

Alloy frame so recoil can be a little snappy. I've read several reports not to use the 115/120 HP ammo in these pistols -- guess it beats them up pretty bad. I use only 95 grain ammo in mine. In well over 400 rounds it's been 100% reliable.

Just remember: they only cost about $140 -- don't expect a high-end target pistol with a glass smooth action.

Go over to makarov.com. Has some good info about them.

But . . for the money I feel they make a nice little pocket pistol . . . .

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:03:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info. I could not tell from the pics, but are the sights removable?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:33:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes --

the rear sight can be moved left/right with a brass punch/hammer.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top