Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2006 11:24:44 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with said pistol? $139 from J&G, looks like a lot o' fun.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:01:42 AM EDT
[#1]
For the money they make a nice little pocket pistol -- I have one.

Double-action pull can be a little heavy, but can fix that with a hammer spring for a Walther PP from Wolff Spring Co. -- about $5.00.

Alloy frame so recoil can be a little snappy.  I've read several reports not to use the 115/120 HP ammo in these pistols -- guess it beats them up pretty bad.  I use only 95 grain ammo in mine.  In well over 400 rounds it's been 100% reliable.  

Just remember:  they only cost about $140 -- don't expect a high-end target pistol with a glass smooth action.

Go over to makarov.com.  Has some good info about them.  

But . .  for the money I feel they make a nice leittle pocket pistol . . . .

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:05:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
For the money they make a nice little pocket pistol -- I have one.

Double-action pull can be a little heavy, but can fix that with a hammer spring for a Walther PP from Wolff Spring Co. -- about $5.00.

Alloy frame so recoil can be a little snappy.  I've read several reports not to use the 115/120 HP ammo in these pistols -- guess it beats them up pretty bad.  I use only 95 grain ammo in mine.  In well over 400 rounds it's been 100% reliable.  

Just remember:  they only cost about $140 -- don't expect a high-end target pistol with a glass smooth action.

Go over to makarov.com.  Has some good info about them.  

But . .  for the money I feel they make a nice leittle pocket pistol . . . .

Yeah I was keeping that in mind. Thanks for the info. I think I might order one for the hell of it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:37:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I own one as it was a heck of a deal.  Shoots decent, but recoil has a bit of a "bite" in the web of my hand, so not that comfortable to shoot.  No problems with reliability.  Get some extra magazines and stock up on ammo for dry spells.

I would recommend buying one, but not as a primary handgun though.

F.A.S. Out
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:49:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I own one as it was a heck of a deal.  Shoots decent, but recoil has a bit of a "bite" in the web of my hand, so not that comfortable to shoot.  No problems with reliability.  Get some extra magazines and stock up on ammo for dry spells.

I would recommend buying one, but not as a primary handgun though.

F.A.S. Out

Definitley not going to be used as primary. Just for range fun.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:26:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one and use it as a CCW piece. It is nice and light and has been reliable with the handloads I make up for it. (95gr Hornady XTPs). Yes the DA trigger pull sucks and it does have a bit of a bite when fired but for something that is carried a hell of a lot more than it is fired I find it quite worthwhile.
BTW, I do a lot of running and when I do I carry it in a fanny bag along with my cell phone, wallet and keys.  I also like the idea of not having to worry too much about rust with the alloy frame.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top