Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2014 2:20:40 PM EDT
Hello folks. In need of guidance. I have a gen 3 glock 19 aprx 5-600 rounds through it.

Other folks shooting it seem to have issues with stovepipes, other types of fte, and erratic ejection.

I have personally had a few fte's which includes stovepipes, and erratic ejection. Sometimes I get hit in the face with hot brass.

Limp wrist is the first place I'm going mentally with this for the others, but I know I'm not shooting with a limp wrist. Thoughts?

This has all been with 115 grain FMJ. The gun seems to function fine with 124 grain +P like speer gold dots. That said I have never had this issue with a pistol before. They usually work perfect or don't work at all.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:49:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd lock back the slide for 3 days to slightly weaken the recoil spring.

I'd also polish the bottom part of the slide that rubs against the top-most round in the magazine.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:41:04 PM EDT
[#2]
What ejector is installed?

May need to do the ejector and possible extractor swap.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 2:06:45 PM EDT
[#3]
It looks to me like you identified the problem in your first post, Ammunition.  +P works fine, but your other ammo causes problems. Try different ammo.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:18:07 PM EDT
[#4]
FWIW, I had consistent brass to the face in my Gen 3 G19. I swapped the ejector with a Gen 4 ejector. No more brass to the face, but I did have one fail to eject double feed in about 100 rounds.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:28:05 PM EDT
[#5]
have someone else shoot the handgun, see if theres a difference, are you righty or lefty. Fundamentals is usually what needs to be corrected.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 12:35:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd agree with the above post to have someone else shoot it, but if you are familiar with shooting Glocks and the brass is still ejecting poorly, then I'd bet it is the gun and not you. Shouldn't matter if the ammo is +P or not, it should run.

I had the same problem with a NIB 3rd Gen G19 I bought a couple years ago, VERY poor ejection. I was getting cases dribbling out of the ejection port, ejecting to the front of the gun, cases hitting me in the head and even a few ejecting to the left of the gun, in addition to ejecting from about 2:00-6:00 o'clock. Absolutely no consistency to it, either, even with +P ammo.

The gun had the old 336 ejector installed, so I called Glock and told them what was going on. The tech really didn't even quibble, he told me to contact an armorer and they would ship out the new 30274 ejector. I told him I was an armorer and, after confirming, they shipped it out. The ejector arrived about a week later and it was a simple job to switch them out.

Took it back to the range and it was MUCH better. No more brass to the head and face, no more ejecting to the left, no more ejecting to the front of the gun. All went to the right, some further than others, but all to the right. Ejection wasn't as consistent as my old G26 or my old, 1st Gen G17, but MUCH better; good enough that, when I go out to qualify at my PD job again, I'm going to qualify with and carry the G19 as my duty gun.

Pics of the ejectors so you can ID which is in yours:

336 ejector installed. It will have "336" stamped on it and is a lot more pointed. It will bend to the right some when viewed from the top.

30274 ejector installed. It is a lot more blunt and is twisted- the top bends to the right, but the bottom is almost straight. Should have "30274" stamped on it.

If you have a 336 ejector, your best bet is to see if you have an armorer nearby. If you can find one, the armorer can order the 30274 ejector and switch it out for you, often free of charge or for a very minimal fee. Second choice would be to call Glock and arrange to send it in for the work. Bad news is that they will refuse to pay shipping, so you are looking at about $80.00 for overnight shipping. This really isn't anything new, as far as I know Glock has always refused to pay shipping, except in certain very narrow circumstances. Sucks, but it is their corporate policy. If you are mechanically inclined, you can order a 30274 ejector from any of the various places selling Glock parts and install it yourself. It really is pretty easy, but if you are the type that can screw up boiling water, best to leave it to someone else.

The 30274 usually works for erratic ejection, but sometimes it is still present. If it doesn't work for you, call Glock. I don't know if it was for LE only, but at one time, if you had a 9mm Glock that the 30274 didn't solve ejection problems on, they would offer you a new Gen4 gun, provided you shipped your gun to Glock. I don't know if they still do this, and like I said I don't know if it is for LE only but it is worth a try if the 30274 doesn't solve your problems. Good luck. I wish to hell that Glock would take care of these problems, but they seem to have the attitude that it isn't a widespread problem, so they won't address it.

Bub75
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 6:40:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd agree with the above post to have someone else shoot it, but if you are familiar with shooting Glocks and the brass is still ejecting poorly, then I'd bet it is the gun and not you. Shouldn't matter if the ammo is +P or not, it should run.

I had the same problem with a NIB 3rd Gen G19 I bought a couple years ago, VERY poor ejection. I was getting cases dribbling out of the ejection port, ejecting to the front of the gun, cases hitting me in the head and even a few ejecting to the left of the gun, in addition to ejecting from about 2:00-6:00 o'clock. Absolutely no consistency to it, either, even with +P ammo.

The gun had the old 336 ejector installed, so I called Glock and told them what was going on. The tech really didn't even quibble, he told me to contact an armorer and they would ship out the new 30274 ejector. I told him I was an armorer and, after confirming, they shipped it out. The ejector arrived about a week later and it was a simple job to switch them out.

Took it back to the range and it was MUCH better. No more brass to the head and face, no more ejecting to the left, no more ejecting to the front of the gun. All went to the right, some further than others, but all to the right. Ejection wasn't as consistent as my old G26 or my old, 1st Gen G17, but MUCH better; good enough that, when I go out to qualify at my PD job again, I'm going to qualify with and carry the G19 as my duty gun.

Pics of the ejectors so you can ID which is in yours:

<a href="http://s300.photobucket.com/user/bub75/media/ejector1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn40/bub75/ejector1.jpg</a>
336 ejector installed. It will have "336" stamped on it and is a lot more pointed. It will bend to the right some when viewed from the top.

<a href="http://s300.photobucket.com/user/bub75/media/ejector9.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn40/bub75/ejector9.jpg</a>
30274 ejector installed. It is a lot more blunt and is twisted- the top bends to the right, but the bottom is almost straight. Should have "30274" stamped on it.

If you have a 336 ejector, your best bet is to see if you have an armorer nearby. If you can find one, the armorer can order the 30274 ejector and switch it out for you, often free of charge or for a very minimal fee. Second choice would be to call Glock and arrange to send it in for the work. Bad news is that they will refuse to pay shipping, so you are looking at about $80.00 for overnight shipping. This really isn't anything new, as far as I know Glock has always refused to pay shipping, except in certain very narrow circumstances. Sucks, but it is their corporate policy. If you are mechanically inclined, you can order a 30274 ejector from any of the various places selling Glock parts and install it yourself. It really is pretty easy, but if you are the type that can screw up boiling water, best to leave it to someone else.

The 30274 usually works for erratic ejection, but sometimes it is still present. If it doesn't work for you, call Glock. I don't know if it was for LE only, but at one time, if you had a 9mm Glock that the 30274 didn't solve ejection problems on, they would offer you a new Gen4 gun, provided you shipped your gun to Glock. I don't know if they still do this, and like I said I don't know if it is for LE only but it is worth a try if the 30274 doesn't solve your problems. Good luck. I wish to hell that Glock would take care of these problems, but they seem to have the attitude that it isn't a widespread problem, so they won't address it.

Bub75
View Quote

It is an easy swap. Only took a few minutes. Those of us who are not armorers are probably voiding our warranty, though.

As I posted above, swapping ejectors stopped the rearward ejection, but I did have one failure to eject out of 100 or so rounds. I was getting constant brass to the face with the 336 ejector, but never had a malfunction.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 5:48:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I had the same issues with a Gen 3 G19. What fixed mine was the new ejector and an Apex extractor. Otherwise I had very odd ejection patters, some even going from 8:00-10:00 o'clock and brass being left loose in the ejection port.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 11:04:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Thank you all for the help. I called Glock and they said I could send it in, but they the gun is meant for +P ammo and so ejection might be off with sami loads. Sorry for the long response time if anyone even cares now. I have been working a lot of overtime at work and have not been able to get back on here until now. I definitely have the 336 ejector.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 1:49:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top