Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2006 6:43:59 PM EDT
Howdy ya'll,
 I got a S&W model 3906 pistol in 9mm.  I've been trying to find an online source for extra magazines, but most all vendors are out of stock.  Are there any magazines from other model handguns that are interchangeable?  Also, for those of you who have bought extra magazines, what's a good price to pay?  Most I've seen cost around $30... Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:38:45 AM EDT
[#1]
The Magazines for models 39, 439, 539, and 639 should work too.

I can't help you at all for the price.  I would check the auction sites for factory mags.

chissel
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:28:35 PM EDT
[#2]
check cdnn.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:30:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
check cdnn.  

+1

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 12:57:52 AM EDT
[#4]
IIRC the only mags that will work are 3906 mags.  I had one long ago, and it's one of the few guns I'd rebuy today if I ran across one.  I'm pretty sure the 3906 is a hair longer in the grip than the previous gen pistols, and early gen mags end up not locking up.  The 3906 mag, being longer will work in the earlier guns, but the earlier mags might not work in the 3906.  I might be all messed up on this, as it was long, long ago, but I'd make sure with some test fitting before you order any through the mail.

CDNN is usually the first place I look for mags.  Midway carries them at $30, but they're on back order.

I think $20 for a S&W factory mag is a decent price.  

A pawn shop nearby had some 3906 mags for $20.  I'll check today if they have any left.  How many were you looking for?

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:54:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I was looking for one or two... It'd be nice to have more than two for the range.  $20 sounds like a really good price to me!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:04:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I went over there yesterday, and they had two left.  One had a ding in it, though I don't think it would effect function.  IM me if you want me to pick them up for you.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:00:51 AM EDT
[#7]
I think I'm going to have to pass right now.  I spent this month's firearm budget on ammo, but thank you for checking it out for me!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:12:52 PM EDT
[#8]
No problem.  If they have them for $20, then some one else has them for $20 as well.  They're out there sure enough.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:35:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
IIRC the only mags that will work are 3906 mags.  I had one long ago, and it's one of the few guns I'd rebuy today if I ran across one.  I'm pretty sure the 3906 is a hair longer in the grip than the previous gen pistols, and early gen mags end up not locking up.  The 3906 mag, being longer will work in the earlier guns, but the earlier mags might not work in the 3906.  I might be all messed up on this, as it was long, long ago, but I'd make sure with some test fitting before you order any through the mail.

CDNN is usually the first place I look for mags.  Midway carries them at $30, but they're on back order.

I think $20 for a S&W factory mag is a decent price.  

A pawn shop nearby had some 3906 mags for $20.  I'll check today if they have any left.  How many were you looking for?

I'd be very surprised if Smith used different mags for the 3906 vs the rest of their single stacks.  Not really an economically viable proposition.  Granted, I don't own a 3906.  Do have a 39-2 and it is one of my absolute favorite handguns.  39 mags aren't exactly common but they are out there.  I think the last ones I got came from Sportsman's Guide.  Triple K's as I recall and they have worked flawlessly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top