Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2003 8:54:08 AM EDT
OK boys and girls, my extended mag release arrived from Glockmiesters.  
Is installing it a big deal?  There seems to be more to it than with a 1911.
I bought the AGI Glock armorer's video a while back,  but have not watched it yet.
I have done a lot of work on 1911s, built one AR from a kit, but have yet to tackle a Glock project.
Do I jump in, or find a Glock armorer?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:11:22 AM EDT
[#1]
It is very easy.

Remove the slide from the frame. Use a long, small flat head screwdriver (or something smimlar. Look dowm and you'll see a wire going into the mag catch inside the trigger frame (in the mag well, looking fro top of the gun). Gently pry that wire to the left and out the recess of the mag catch. It's not hard to do, but not easy either. You'll have to use a good amount of muscle, just don' use so much you do something you shouldn't. After the wire is out, just slide out the old mag catch.

Gettig the new one in is easier. You will need to pry the wire out a little to slide the new catch in. Then guide the new wire back into place.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:31:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the instructions.  It went off without a hitch.  Worksgreat!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top